8.5.09

The Meaning of Journey

Kankouchiniha hitogataklusan minna isogashisoudesu
watashiha inakanohouga sukidesu

Dear ALL

As I said yesterday, I am thinking about what kind of style of my journey.
I am still not sure but I think or hope my journey is not same like a tour.

In my dictionary, tour describes as follows; a trip for pleasure, during which you visit several different towns, areas etc. Compared to tour, traveling is as follows; the act or activity of going from one place to another, especially places that are far away. And sightseeing is as follows; the activity of visiting famous or interesting places, especially as a tourist.
What I insist on here is that my journey is neither sightseeing nor tour.

Today, I went to Bucharest to do shightseeing. Of couse, it was interesting but at the same time it was boring because I was alone. When I went to Istanbul and Sofia as a sightseeing , I went to with my friend. However, in this time I went to alone! I decided that I never go to a sightseeing by alone!!!

From this experience, I noticed one thing.
The purpose of my sightseeing at Istanbul or Sofia were not just to see beautiful building but talking and pleasure to the person who is next to me.

I would be able to go the same place to come after 5 or 10 years later as a sightseeing, but I don't think that I am going to meet everyone who met in my journey and plan the same journey of my life.
As it were, the person who I met with my journey is Now or Never.

Even if a meeting is just once, or if so, I need to cherish the meeting.
It is said that in Japanese like this; Ichigo Ichie.

Don't forget and keep in my mind.

Yuji

2 comments:

  1. I think so too. When I went to Korea in last spring vacation,the best memory I remember now is,after all,the communications with friends who I met on my trip and local people. It is frequently said that Japanese people are passive.
    I want to break this complex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. patica,
    Sometimes we forget what is really important. In local area, there might not be a famous monument and architecture. But, they have a room of their heart. When I touched it, I noticed that it should keep forever.

    ReplyDelete