2.11.09

Pain of My Jaw



Since I couldn't find anyone who can host me in Stockholm, I was thinking that I can find a place to stay either hostel or somewhere I can stay with a roof. But, finally I decided that I am going out from the city with a short time even thought I really want to stay in there just because it was really beautiful as I saw in Eastern Europe.

The first impression in Sweden was the country similar to Hungary. The common story of these countries is that they have a big power in the middle ages. I am not the expert for world history but as I remember from my brain, both country has lost their power after WWI. Once in Hungary, they have a power of Austria Hungary empire but after the WWI they lost their land and hegemony. In contrast, Sweden has a big power in the middle ages which colonized Finland as well as part of Norway. However, during the War time Sweden was not the country to fight with in any country (like the position of Swiss at the moment) even though they cooperate to Germany to send them to Northern Finland. Different from Norway as well as Finland this country try to preserve those old buildings in all most every city where I have been. In the central part of the city they have a stone pass. I don't know if they want to show "Here is the central part!" but I heard when I was in Poland. This stone passes were made by German soldiers.

About one week passed since I came to this country. Nationality of Sweden is similar to Finnish, which is also similar to Japanese more than that in Norway even though they are still using Krone instead of Euro. What I find out from them as well as when I was in Finland was that both nationality and personality of each person has decided depends of their living standard. People in Sweden, they are very sensitive for foreigners. One of the reason is that they have a lot of both immigrants and refugees from Asia as well as Africa in order to have a good living standard, probably. I haven't ever felt like when I was in Japan that my life will be feared because of those people from other countries but if people live with the money supported by the government of my own country some people might feel like "why we have to support them to live in my country?"

When I was in the middle of the Stockholm, I asked a person if he can possible to take a picture of me from my camera. And he took me a picture. And then suddenly a girl came to me and she tried to take a picture of me as he took and I was smiling to be taken. Then few seconds later, a woman (I doubt if she is the girl's mother) came to me and tried to gave a money to me. I took it naturally with said "Thank you!" but soon a question came to me "why did I take?" She gave a money to me to think that I am a poor person or just try to show appreciate to my cooperation? If so, she didn't have to gave money to me! Was I hunger to money?

After that there was another place where I wanted to be taken a picture from someone of my camera and I asked a person again and I was taken a picture from the man. And suddenly another woman came to me and she said "Now you are rich man!!" Probably she thought that I am trying to take some money from the people on the street to be taken some pictures and I feel like also "What?"

It is not easy to travel in the central capital especially the place be full of tourist.

To tell the truth, I have been traveling with little money as much as I can but recently I start to think that I am going to use money more than that before I will be in a sick to think much about money.

I don't know if it is stress or not, my right jaw has started to pain strongly. To tell the truth, it has been since one more month ago but it has not been painful as I am facing with at the moment. Or even it is just my bad teeth because of eating too much of sweet like chocolate as well as strawberry jam, which I really like to eat through this journey!

Today is a resting day after Oslo but I feel like still tired. But, I will manage to get to Copenhagen to find something New!!!

Yuji @ Sodertalja, Sweden

PS. local newspaper from Karlstad made an interview of me! Now I am a little bit famous in Sweden!

2 comments:

  1. なんか写真見ると、寒い国にいくからデブになっているような気がするが。でも元気で何より。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....I think that's not true! I checked my weight just the few weeks ago. That was 61kg which is a little bit less than before or more or less the same weight to before. I have to wear a lot of cloth than before which looks like fat! That is true!

    ReplyDelete