6.11.09

You are the Representative!!!!



Since I got some snow in Sweden, I obliged to find a place to sleep.
Everything has already wet but I finally find a place to stay at a buss station 25km before Norkopping.

I put up my tent inside of the buss station. Normally when I sleep in the buss station, I don't put up my tent inside because it is too small to put up. But in this time I put up my tent in the buss station because it was big enough to put up. When I was in there after 5-6 pm (because it was dark), I wanted to make a pee outside of the tent. I got out from there and then back to my tent. I didn't notice something happend in the tent and I got inside the tent to stay.
After few seconds when I back to my tent, a small firework started just besides the tent and some teens started to laugh. They made something bad. I was wonderling if I try to scale to them because I feel like bad but at the same time I don't want to make any trouble with them. Finally, I didn't do nothing inside just started to sleep.

It was sad to have this kind of trouble. Of course, I didn't get any permission from anyone to stay in a buss station. But in general I think people can understand what I am doing in the buss station once they see my bicycle and giers which I have. But at the same time people might think that I am clazy because this is not the best season to travel. I am the person who know about that.

For them, teens I think they make som noise for the purpose for their fun but for me they made me what is the people in Sweden. My feeling from Sweden is wrose just because I had that kind of experience. Instead, I am making what is Japanese when I meet the people through this journey. Just before this journey one of my teacher told me that "You are the Japanese Representative in Europe!!" When I heard about his description, I laughed because it is so funny. "Am I representative?" like this. But now, it feels like very normal. I don't know how many people who I haev met in this journey will meet Japanese people again. Even me I met some Japanese in this journey but not too much in Europe.

Most probably people don't care about what I am thinking while I am making a conversation on the road when I want to ask the way to go. I am checking not what but how they are trying to tell me the way, which is not based on their language skill moreover it is a kind of hospitality which they have. I was talking about the number of suiside in Sweden and Japan with former host which he told me Sweden is one of the country having a lot of people died of suiside. Compared to Norwagian people, Swedish they normally thinking too much when they are something to do not that much as I thought in Finland but they have also similar to Japanese identity.

Traveling with wet is not nice but I'll manage to get to Copenhagen in a week.

Yuji @ Norkopping, Sweden

6 comments:

  1. Hi Yuji. I'm still very impressed of your journey. You have experienced so many things, met so many people and sure learned a lot. I just said goodbye to 2 guests from South-Korea, studying in Tampere Finland. Also very nice surfers. Wish you good luck on your way to Copenhagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, Yamanchu.
    glad to find all is well with you! maybe you can enjoy christmas markets in europe :) i really envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,,,r u still in Sweden??

    r u going to Linkoping??

    is u come...try to contact me..i can invite the Japanese here.and give u a Fika!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus my Phone number is 0765827950

    my name is Alex, email is Alex.zhh@gmail.com

    and i am also have a similar travelling as urs...but not that long!!!

    i just go from Linkoping to Oslo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Arnt,
    Thank you for your message! Did they reminds me? I think most of the people who want to stay at your place from Europe, isn't it? I am pretty happy to hear that people from my neibouring country were nice!
    I haven't decided what I am going to do after going back to Japan but it might be interesting to go back to Scandinavian in order to study about reindeer somewhere in Finland or Norway. I don't think that I can find any subject about reindeer. They were very lovely animal in the world I believe. Regards,

    SUGY,
    Long time no see! What's up?
    I've been pretty good life in Europe! Why don't you come to here?? Well.. have you already decided what are you going to do from next year? I will back to my study from next April to finish my school!! I hope you will find out something that you want to do! Christmas in Europe seems hard to find a place to stay but hopefully I will find someone to stay with. Maybe from a farm land? No reindeer in Scotland, right? Keep in touch with,

    How do you do? Nordic Life,
    Thank you for your message but unfortunately I have already left from Linkoping. At the moment, I am on the way to Jonkoping! Regards from Sweden,

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yuji!

    I think it is good always to be cautious when wildcamping in urban / populated areas. This year on my trip to England I cycled through my own country Holland, and I pitched the tent at a farmland. The next morning stupid kids were shouting me "wake up idiot"... And because I did not answer there shoutings, they started to throw small stones at my tent...

    So I think it is better to pitch the tent as late as possible and to leave as early as possible, and not to stay in areas with lots of people...

    Have a safe trip and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete