10.11.09

The Autumn in Scandinavian


In Scandinavian, people might think that fall comes after hot summer and winter comes when they have got snow. The season for fall decided depends on the year. When I was in Northern Norway, people told me this year snow comes much faster than usual which means their fall were very short.
Since I took a fright from Northern Norway to Oslo, I feel like the season back to fall from winter. However, in my opinion the differences between fall and winter is the thing which from the sky is rain or snow instead of sun.

Three days after Karlstad, the nickname of this city is suncity based on the statue of a woman who is the person all the time shining to the citizen, I had very nice weather with nice trees even though the tempreture were very low. After that when I was in the capital I also got some sun for two-three hours a day at least. But after that I have been waiting for the sun under the clouds.
To tell the truth, I got some snow on the way just after Stockholm. Snows turn to be rain below 4 degrees. It is not feels too cold when I ride on the bike. But, once I tried to take some rest I feel like cold especially in the morning and evening when I try to sleep in the tent.

That's why for these several days, I couldn't sleep well when I sleep in outside. The problem is tempreture but at the same time I have another reason. In Northern Scandinavian, the density of the people are quite less compared to here. So in here I have to sleep close to the high way as well as houses. Especially in Sweden (I think it is not only for Sweden but not in north!) there are side roads of high way which used to be used as a main road to connect one city to another but now it has made it to the European road as they show us E00(number). I prefer using those side roads because it is shortest way to get to the another city.

By the way just few hours ago, I was in a supermarket at the city. I was in the cash desk and paid money in return for foods which I bought. And the shopkeeper push my foods in the desk to put in to the plastic bag by myself. (It is quite different from Japanese style.) And then I was walked to the desk to pack it up. And I saw a wallet has been left there and there was a old woman who is going out from the supermarket. And then, I though she was forgot to keep it in her bag. Reflexively, I said "Hey, Mom! You forgot your wallet!!" but she couldn't hear and pick that wallet to her and said again. "Is this yours?" I understand that the wallet is hers with her face and she took it. Maybe she said "thank you!" or something I couldn't hear but it's OK for me.

I feel like that I am still OK not to take it with silence. I am still normal even though the weather in Scandinavian is crazy! I hope that I will get to Jonkoping tomorrow!

Yuji @ Odeshog, Sweden

PS. Even today the weather is dark with mist and very windy. Luckly the wind push me down to south! Keep it all the way!!

5 comments:

  1. 日本の冬は遅いねえ。まだ20度もあって、9月並みだあ。スキーは、来月までできないかも。

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are going to Copenhagen? Denmark, Netherlands are very bicycle friendly countries. Good luck. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. 自分宛てに封書が届いたよ。

    ReplyDelete
  4. sptaka,
    I am missing the climate in Tokyo for this 2-3 months or I will say for next 6 month as well. You can play skiing in here! Even Sweden especially in southern part, still I saw someone playing roler ski on asphalt. It reminds me of my high school age.

    I think the letter is from Karlstad which is the article about my journey as I had a interview in there. You can open it up if you want! But, I don't think you can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terry,
    Flat is OK except for my tires!! That is one of the important elements for this travel as you know. However, the climate in those regions are still cloudy and rainy as far as I heard. I have no power to call sun. I have to decide which way will I take to UK then. But in a short term, I will manage to get to Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete