26.11.09

The Last Day in Denmark



It was second time for me to cross a border by ferry after Estland-Finnish one. The ferry took about 20minutes from Helsinborg to Helsingor where is the first city in Denmark. Helsingor looks like worth visiting as far as I heard from the local people especially for a castle of Hamlet which looks like very beautiful. For me is was enough to see from the ferry.

Taking about four hours from Helsingor, I got to the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen where is a kind of city similar to Sweden. Bofore getting to the center, I asked the way to get for several people. Surprisingly, two of them they have been to Japan and I thought that this is the country where is one of a richest in Europe. I can classify those people who have been to Japan only two types, one is for a job, as a containership or something, I met a lot of people who have been to Japan in Norway. The other one is just for holiday or study abroad. About 70-80% of the young people who have been to Japan were as a holiday. However, I met quite a few people who have been to in Eastern Europe different from Scandinavian which means traveling to Japan is very expensive for them as I do come to here. By contrast, traveling to Tailand or somewhere in ASEAN countries are much more cheaper than Japan which I met a lot of people been to then.

The same day I ran to Roskild where is about 30km west from the capital to visit my friend who I met in Slovakia. He has started to study in Denmark as his first year of his university. I stayed at his place for two days before coming back to CPH. He told me about how hard to make a life in Denmark because it is so expensive to buy something for him even though Slovakia is first country which has started to use Euro. There are still a lot of economic differences between them I strongly felt.
According to his information, CPH is one of the most expensive capital in the world. For me I mean people from Japan we might think that it is expensive but it could bare to keep almost the same living standard as I do in Japan. Just because I think Japan is the most expensive country in Asia, right? I will say that I am lucky to be born in Japan.

This is a kind of stupid story but I want to say something about it.
If I saw a new car in from of the show window which is sold about 1,000 Euro. And we started to think that "Oh! This is the car which is very cheap I want to buy!" but in contrast if we saw an apple which is sold the same price as the car at the next to the car and we probably started to think "What a expensive apple in the world! Who wanna buy it!" This is what people started to think depends on the things and the price. However, when it comes to bicycle and plain ticket if we saw as the same situation with former two that what we are started to think? I mean if I saw both bicycle and plain ticket to Japan from here which is 1000 Euro. I might started to think if I want to buy because it is not too expensive to buy. I think this is not universal opinion for everyone in the world. Some people started to think that "even 1000 Euro for both bike and plain ticket, still it is expensive" or "Not too cheap but it is good price to buy" or "Too cheap I want to buy the one!".
It is not easy to make a friend if there is a big economic differences which I have been feeling during this journey. World economy based on each countries are unfair!

After Roskild, I was back to CPH and today I am going to take a flight to Amsterdam for a week or so to take some rest and visiting some of my friends.
In tortal, I am staying in Denmark more or less one week when it is not enough to know much about the country. I feel like at least one month I need to know about it.

One thing that CPH is the city where is very bicycle friendly and almost everybody likes to ride on it as I saw in Tokyo. There are a bicycle pass just beside the road and people are very faster than me to ride on which I have to care about it when I cycling in the city. At the same time the pass used for motor bicycle as well which are not the same as in Japan. I hope in Japan will be much more bicycle friendly city in near future.

Yuji @ Copenhagen, Denmark

3 comments:

  1. まあ確かに、クルマやバイクは右側通行で、人は左側だから、寛平も左側を走っているから、悠史自転車と同じ側と言うことになるわけだ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. holland is also very bicycle friendly! you'll love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Szymon,
    Yes! Very bike friendly city!! However, it is hard for me to adopt the rule for biking since the rules are a little bit different from country to country! I think people in Copenhagen they are riding on much more than that in Amsterdam. The reason people might take a boat in here! Or not?

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete