9.11.09

Swedish Weekend

"Which wine do you prefer red or white?"

"Unfortunately, niether do I. I love Rose!"

The last Friday and Saturday, I enjoyed dinking and talking with Swedish people.

On Friday night I was at the central station of Norkopping waiting for a host at the same time with drying the stuff which have already wet for 2-3 hours. When I was in there, the person at the end of bench asked me "Where are you coming from?" with very natural English but I was a little bit afraid because at that time there are several drinking people with begging for money. The person who asked me he is black and I feel like why he is asking me. I didn't answer to him even though I know what he is asking. "Where are you coming from?" the second question came but I just looking to him but no answer. The third question come "Where are you coming from? " I finally decided that I am going to reply for it. "I am from Japan." I feel like the same situation which I have experienced in Tanzania, the former travel and I was afraid of it. When I was in there, people asked me as he did in here and normally after that they are coming to me to show something in order to get some money. They said to me in the last part of meeting, "Give me a nice tip!"

But I soonly understood that he is not the same person as I met in Tanzania from his cloth and eys and things which he had. Actually, he told me that he is Swedish but his grabdparents from Africa. The thing which I surprised that his way of thinking is Africa even though his family has been lived in Sweden more than 50 years at least. I strongly feel like that people need a time to adopt in different society.
I had a rose wine at that time and he had some beer we enjoyed taliking with each other with some poor people in the same room. It was strange situation one guy from Japan, one guy is from Sweden with African mentality and two poor drinking people from Sweden and one man correcting a bottle from the people. He gave the bottle to him after he drunk a beer, I am not the same person but I did the same thing as the poor Swedish people do in here.

After that, my host come to the station to pick me up to his place. He is a guy from Sweden. We went to a student bar after we dropped my luggedge at his place. The price in a bar is much cheaper than Norway especially in student one. To tell the truth, I didn't go any bar in Norway mainly because of the price. Moreover I am not the person who want to go a bar alone. I bought a beer or wine from a shop when I want to drink. That was the life in Norway. That's why this is the bar after Turku in Finland as my memory. With his friend we talked about my traveling experience and was pretty good night!

I woak up at 10am in the morning on Saturday. After eating breakfast, I left to Linkoping which is located about 50 km south from Norkoping.

The next host is a girl from Sweden. Because of her friend's offer we went to her frined's place to have a dinner with red wine. She is a person who is studing medicine and I met her friend's who also studying medicine at Linkoping. Some of her frind's had an experience to come to Japan and I really enjoyed talking with them especially. One thing what I want to write is that I tried Swedish snooth which is similar to tabacco but it's much stronger than tabacco, because the nicotine will directly come to my blood making a crazy feeling. Actually, I had a chance to try in Norway as well but I refuse to do it because it might be bad for my health. After 5-10 minutes started to have it on between my lip and teeth, I feel like that I am drinking. My brain feels like shaking and I felt it on to the paper. Very strong! Enough for once in a life time, maybe...!

However, I tried to do it three times at that night. I was crazy!

I had a chance to go to club at that night but I had enough experience with her and her friend, that's why I didn't go there. To tell the truth, I was in a club only once when I was in Estonia (I had a dog experience, anyway!). I enjoyed dancing and drinking in there but I still somehow couldn't find out the cost performance out of there. I think one of the reason I am originally from Japan and we have very few club in our city. Instead we have a lot of caraoke which are suitable for our culture I think.

In short, I enjoyed night life in Sweden!

Yuji @ Motala, Sweden

2 comments:

  1. え~、悠史の旅行ってのは、どっかの町に行ったときに、ネットか何かでスポンサー友人を探して、一緒に遊んだり泊ったりさせてもらって、じゃバイバイとか、そういう呑気な旅行なんだ、へえ。ところでスウェーデンはどこでも札幌よりも寒いとなっているから、風邪ひかないように。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    Nonki? Well....
    I would say my journey is nonki(I cannot find any suitable words at the moment), but I don't think my journey is much nonkier than my life in Japan. In some part, it is true that I can stay at someone's place to talk to know about their culture as well as taking some rest.
    In the biginning of this journey, I didn't have to stay at someone's place but now I need to stay somewhere every other day or something. The reason mostly because of the tempreture of outsode. This morning it was 0.2C(fine day!) and last night was 2C. It is not easy to sleep outside nowadays.

    ReplyDelete