20.11.09

The Day before Denmark

Welcome Symon!!!

I have been thinking what I am going to do next. To tell the truth, I was tortally tired when I was in Jonkoping and I was thinking the possibility to get to Copenhagen to use another transportation network. However, I could somehow get to Copenhagen by bicycke but I will take a plain from there.

People they say that you should take few days off from your journey. But I think it is enough few days off or even in a week for my mustle but when it comes to my mind I need a long time rest in order to travel go further. I know about that I need a rest. Even I sometimes feel like that I am tired more than I thought especially when I feel like very hot with my buck when I feel like stressful which I have to say that I will end up with this jourey.

The story is funny my first plan is only three months from Istanbul to UK but even six months later I couldn't get to there. However, what I noticed in these days is that it doesn't matter if I can get to Edinburgh in Scotland where I have been talking to people as a final destination for this journey. A lot of people who I met traveling in Sweden they told me that you should change your destination to Spain or Italy where are much warmer than here. I thought it is true that I can get warm if I go there but the importatnt thing which I should do is to spot traveling by regardless of either taking my bike or not. I need rest.

However, I am sartisfied with traveling by bicycle that is the most important point, aren't you?

I just booked a flight from Copenhagen to Amsterdam, the capital in Netherlands. I will definetely take this flight. I have to do somehow close to UK from Copenhagen that was my power to get here.

The main rweason why I booked a flight to Amsterdam is that I have several friend in Netherland and one of them is a guy who he came to Japan in last year as a exchange student at neibour university. At the same time, I have a friend in Germany where is the close to border to Netherland. I am still doubting if I visit there but meeting up with those people who had already known about me before this journey must be fine which I have started to think during this period. In addition, I have a friend near Copenhagen who I met during this journey and I think I will be happy when I meet him again. Meeting with new people are also interesting but it's only when I feel like finding something new when is not now unfortunately! I am a little bit conservative since I feel like tired traveling by. But of course, I respect those people who will host me!

The another reason is that I really want to take a ferry from France (Calais) to Dover cross over English channel which is a little dream for my last part of journey.I don't know if I have a same chance in my life.

I feel like that I have been changing through this journey. The first part of journey in Eastern Europe that I was thinking "I can go wherever I want to put up my tent without taking any help from the people" That was my mind three to six months ago. However since after Northcape I feel like that "I can travel by bicycle but I need a help from the prople.", which is not always good thing to think like that.

Two days ago in the evening I was wondering if I find a place asking to someone from the farmland. The day was pretty much rain and wind, which reminds a typhoon in Japan. Actually, I cannot find anyone who gave me a place to stay or give a good information to find a place. Just after came out from the farmland, I saw a light on the window where there are a lot of people having a dinner and then they saw me from the window I thought they were curious to talk with me and I rose my hand. Suddenly, the light turned off. I was really shocked but I pretemd that I didn't feel anything keep shaving my hand. I saw a silet of the people over the window. Twice...Three times.... And finally one of them gave me a answer and I approached to the door to ask the place where I can stay near his place. At that moment, I didn't want to stay with them but I was curious what will they say to me. They told me that I should be back to the city where is just 5 km from there place but the way I am from. You can find a place to stay in the city they said. And I thought "I am not too fool missing some places to stay in the city " But, I didn't say like that. "I am finding a place to put up my tent or place where there is a roof near here. Even as you told me the wind will push mw back to the city, I won't be back there! " And then , the man told me "You cannot stay near here but you can put up your tent in everywhere not too close to here. You sould take care of yourself!"

When I hear the last part of conversation "You should take care of your self", I felt like that I cannot travel without any help from the people which means I should finish my journey. I know I took a quite a lot of help from the people over the internet but at the same time I took a help from the rial society which makes me happy but not from the everyone that's the riality and I don't want to stay then.

I will decide if I go to Paris but I don't think that I am going there with this motivation but I should say that I have a motivation traveling from Amsterdam to UK either go by bike or some other transportation.

Lastly, this time is another turning point of my travel. Traveling to meet those people who I have already known bofore this journey. I don't know when I will meet them in the future for which must be another precious time I believe.

Yuji @ Helsingborg, Sweden

11 comments:

  1. Hi Yuji,

    unfortunately not everyone is friendly and helpful:( I had similar experiences, but I also had very good experiences with people on the countryside... I think you just need to meet the right people...

    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeroen,
    Yes, I wanna believe that everybody in the world they are helpful regardless of our language communication! In Sweden, almost everyone can speak English which I can talk with. Since I met a lot of people who have cold mind in Sweden, I feel like that language is not so important to communicate. By the way, the city called Emmen is close to Northern Germany, right? I am wondering if I go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 今回の旅行で二度目のフライトですか。長~く一回乗るというのと、ちょこちょこ何度も乗るというのがあるが、まあそれぞれに良し悪しがあるわけでね。

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yuji,

    I think people in Sweden are a bit reserved, but I had very good experiences with the Swedes when I studied in Sweden. I think it just takes a little more time compared to for instance Dutch people who always just start talking, but I really liked the people in Sweden.

    Emmen is indeed close to Northern Germany, I live about 14 km from the border. There are not much big cities in this area, like in the Amsterdam area. If you like cities, the area where I live is not the right area. Cities which I personally like in Holland are: Utrecht, Amsterdam, Groningen, Maastricht and Nijmegen. Den Haag is also ok, I don't know Rotterdam but Rotterdam is a modern city.

    You have to bike a lot of extra km's to go to Emmen or Northern Germany, but you are welcome if you want to go here! Compared to the Amsterdam area the area where I live is less urban and there is more forest and agricultural activity, less densely populated. You can use google maps "More" => "Photo's" to see images to get an idea of the area.

    This summer I biked from Emmen to Gouda / Rotterdam, and I followed the coast in the Zeeland province, to Belgium and to France, Calais to take the ferry to Dover. If you want to bike this area, and if you like historic old towns, the (small) town Brugge in Belgium is recommendable, lots of old nice historic buildings. Apart from brugge I didn't really like the Belgium coastal area.

    I think England is interesting, but like almost everywhere in Europe? the weather is very bad at the moment for holiday...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sptaka,
    The destination of the next flight will be Japan!! It will take 13 hours or something, then. But, I don't really like to take a flight of this way. In some part, it will be good for my way to.

    Jeroen,
    Thank you for your information about Netherlands and to UK!! I will keep going on very slowly in that region. Since Emmen is a far from the capital, I am not sure if I really have a motivation to visit! But it is very nice thing if we can meet there!(I will decide it later on!) I am not the person who likes city but the capital gave me Something New where is worth visiting!

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Yuji

    It's still very interesting to read your blog and follow you in your great journey which became much longer than originally planned. But I think you need to rest for maybe a week, just relax and don't have to do anything. Maybe then you can get some motivation back, remember, the journey has been very long.

    I'm sure you can find a nice host in CS where you can stay for a week. It's a pity that you experince some of the people in Sweden as cold, but there are lots of people in the world that for some strange reason are afraid of strangers.

    I'm still very sure of that you have the guts to continue on your journey, the only thing you need is some real rest.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Yuji,

    Actually you have been on the road for a long time. Maybe you need a good clean and some new clothes :-)

    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Arnt,
    Thank you for your advice! I will take a off in Netherland then! In these days even I didn't ride on my bike but still I have been feeling like that I don't want to do anything.

    Surely, I need a time to rest. It's like rial empty & rilaxzation time that I could get in Northern Norway. City is not a good place to take a rest but that is my top priority to keep going on. Yes, my journey is too long.

    Hi Terry,
    Yse! For sure! But firstly, I want to cut my hair! My hair has been too long....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Yuji,
    You are still invited to my house in Sussex, south of London. You have a bed waiting for you if you get here, and you can stay as long as you need if you want to relax. It'll be a pleasure to see you again.
    Love Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  10. タレントの間寛平君も同じようにマラソンやっているのだが、今はセルビアを走っていて、間もなくブルガリアからイスタンブールだと、同じようなところに差し掛かっているねえ。
    http://www.earth-marathon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mikey,
    Thank you for your kind message! I will be in there in next few months. Still I am wonderling the way to take from Brussel either directly going to London or via Paris. I am crasy to learn French at the moment but I have to ask myself if I have still power to get there in next few week. Again, thank you very much!! And I hope to see you soon!!
    Yuji

    sptaka,
    He is running the oposite side of the road. I am taking right side on while I am biking. Kampei-san heading for Istanbul which is opposite side as well which we might have the same step with opposite way, right? I cannot say a lot but it looks hard to run especially those interviewer are always watching with him. At the moment, I am taking a kind of loss time if I trying to say with soccer!

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete