31.8.09

Last Two Days in Lapland

Because of bad weather following 2-3 days, I have stayed at a cottage which is located between Kittila and Inari. The way to get here has supposed to 2 nights but it actually took for 4 nights to came up to here. Here is a city, Inari, one of a biggest city or town of northern part of Lapland and a lot of people visit to here to touch the culture of Sami, who are native people living in Lapland such as Ainu, who are native people in Hokkaido, which is northern island of Japan. But, I think there is no reindeer, anyway...

Actually, I stayed at the cottage for 3 nights and had nothing to do because of the rain! The cottage is owned by someone in order to spend their summer or winter holiday, probably. But now, nobody is living so I can use there. Normally, those cottages which are owned by someone has a key to lock it but the cottage which I found was no key to enter. That's why I could use it for three nights. In the cottage, there was a electricty and a place for making a fire. The day when I got there was a little bit cold especially when had a rain, so I made a fire inside the cottage. I made a coffe and potate to eat, that was enough reason to stay there. From Kittila to Inari was about 200km tortally and there was quite less traficc especially if there is unpaved road. So, I will try to explain what I did in there.

The first night, I found the cottage but at the same time there was a lot of cottage which had locked. I was wondering if I get inside another one, so I was confirmede those cottages if I could enter. Finally, I found only two cottages which allowed to enter. And I decided the cottage because it was clean and seemed comfortable. As I told you above, I made those hot meal and stayed there for overnight. The weather was so good and I was planed to left for tomorrow.

But, when I work up the next day in the morning, the rain had started and I decided to stay for whole day even though the rain itself wasn't too strong. Following my schedule, I have a extra day for emergency or taking some rest. So, I made up for it before getting to Inari. It was quiet and nobody would come. In the afternoon, the rain has stopped, actually but still sky was covered by cloud and a little bit windy. So, I finally decided to stay there. But, one thing that I was conserning was that I didn't have enough water to stay even though I had a lot of bread and vegetables. To be able to stay long there, I finally decided to boil a water to drink from rain. I did it and drunk it, but my stomack has started to a thin pain. Almost all afternoon, I spend to read a book, Future Positive and listening to music both Beatles and Creiderman. As I did in the last night, I made a hot meal and then to sleep hopeing for a good weather for the next day.

The day third has come and I cleaned up for everything which I used in there and tried to left for Inari but the rain started again and I have no choice but to stay there. Actually, I pulled my sleeping bag from my bike and started to sleep again hopeing for clear up soon. If the weather is better in 2-3 hours, I was tried to go farther but didn't. Finally, I stayed in there for whole day as I did the day before. The day was really nothing to do, I read the book and sleep and eat but good for a rest. During the evening, I took a video by myself trying to check how my English skill has been better than before. Actually, it works well better than before. But, at the same time, I felt that I need more and more time needed to speak in English as a native speaker as well as logical thinking.

The next day, today at 5 am I woak up and started to go! The sun has come even though there were still a lot of cloud in the sky. For 4-5 hours, I kept riding on a bike with a little break and finally I could get to here, Inari but now I am quite sleepy because of the early day.

The one thing that I noticed from the day in which I spend there was that it is very hard to live without anyone in a house or even in a village for one week or so. Even I spend only four nights but I was a little bit missed for something or someone who can talk with me regardless of their language or nationality. I had nothing to do without making a meal, reading a book, listening to music and sleeping. I haven't been such a kind of experience bofore but it was hard to regurate that something that I wanted to do. From this case, I had been longing for keep going to Inari.

From now on, I am heading for north cape for about one week and maybe or hopefully I will cross a border to Norway on 2nd of September. My leg seems to be fine because of the rest and I got a water and food.

See you next time from Norway & thank you for the owner of that cottage!

Yuji @ Inari, Lapland

2 comments:

  1. やっぱり北極圏はお天気悪いよねえ。山のノルウェーも悪いけど、日本の台風シーズンよりはいいと思う。ところで昨日の選挙で民主党が勝って、日本の政権も変わったよ。世の中変わらないし、不景気は続くけどね。父ちゃんも先々週は塩見岳(南アルプス)、先週は空木岳(中央アルプス)へ行ったね。

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather changes very very fast! I will have a sun and rain in a day!
    Yah, I heard from people in Finland that LDP is no more majority seat in Japanese Politics. Anyway, I miss my chace to vote!
    And I went to Mt.Shiomi when I blonged to the club but it was rainy day! We stayed at hut close to the top! I couldn't see a lot of beatiful seanary in Europe especially in Finland there are quite less mountain. However, I am supposed to see those mountains from now on!
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete