8.8.09

Graduate School

My teacher, Kazumi Goto, he will open to his graduate school at Hosei University, that is the school which I had been to before this April. After the break of this year, I am going back to study the final year to get the bachelors degree. And then...

To be able to work at United Nations, at least I need to get a masters degree somewhere in a university in the world. I am still thinking about it anyway....

What he said in his introduction of his school was that he recongnize that a lot of Japanese people should work in the international, moreover, global environment, as his experience. People in Japan normally they have 3S, that is smile, to be able not to try argument but to make a good situation, silent, they don't want to talk with a people because they are shy or don't have enough skills to speak with the people in English and, sleep, they have no power to talk or less attention to the others. And what he said in his opinion, instead of that 3S, we Japanese people should put on other 3S, which means, Smart, to be intelligent and originallity, Speak, to speak with a people to be able to make a new idea and Speed, to make a right decision earlier.

What I figured out when I saw his opinion today was that it is not valueable for me to master English if I forget those three things, as it were, try to lost Japanese identity to be able to adapt in the global society. I have tried to do it through this journey as much as I can, but I felt that it is still not enough to do it. I might be satisfied with some of the level that I am not hard to live in Europe because I am just traveling by bike. I thought that to be able to speak in English fluently is the most important thing of this journey. Actually, that is not true, morover only if I want to master in English I don't need to come to here to spend lot of money and time.

Once, when I was in Japan before started of this journey, my friend told me that "What is the theme of your journey ?" Still, I couldn't find out the decent answer of this question. Moreover, it might be hard to describe of one word or phrase. But, if I try to say it now in just one phrase, the theme is " to live in the international enviroment". For some people, in particular, if you are living in Europe, the sound like nothing especially. But for me living in an Far East Asian island more than 20 years, it is really special to live in that environment, which means living outside of Japan. I am hard to understand it if I only live in Japan. On that point, this journey, I have already passed 10 countries since in Turkey and I will visit few more countriesr would good to learn what is global society.To learn how hard to live in that environment as a Japanese, that would be my theme of this journey even if we have other continents such as Africa, North & South America, even in Asia.

I am not sure if I go to the graduate school of my teacher's one but his opinion is still shining even if I traveled or lived in Europe more than 3 months. I really respect him.

Keep doing my best at this moment,

Yuji @ Vaasa, SUOMI(FIN)

No comments:

Post a Comment