19.8.09

Destination

Since I have decided to going up to northernmost point of Europe, I am wondering when I get to Edinburgh. Who knows? Moreovere, I have started to think it is necessary to go there?

The main reason why I decided to go to Edinburgh is that just because I need to work to travel and to keep some money to going back to Japan. Whichever or wherever, I need to get a job but it is not necessary to go to Edinburgh. After this European journey, I am planning to go to so called Sub-Sahara Africa to be able to see how people are poor and what they need to live. And where is the place that I will work in that continent.

I am not sure by when will this journey continued but at least I need whole Sep. in order to get to Olso and from Oslo to Edinburgh, if I pass so called western part of Europe, I need one more month. The end of October I probably get to entrance of UK and then, I will go up to Edinburgh for 2-3 week, that means I will get there in the middle of November, then I will find a job and work for 2-3 month to be able to Africa? Well, that is not a good plan and I don't know if I can be save enough momey to go there. Moreover, it is not a good choice to go up to Edinburgh and then I down from there to Africa by bicycle or should I take a plain to go there? It will make sence but it is no more journey of bicycle. Going by bike is not a theme of this journey and I can possible to sell it or give it to someone who need it, if I don't need anymore. At least to find a place to stay in somewhere in Europe, I should keep it close at hand.

Not necessary to find a job in Edinburgh but what I need at the moment:

money (job)
rest (at least one month in one place following ferw month)

Think over! I still need a time to planning.....

In this morning, it was a quite heavy rain when I was sleeping. I didn't cover of my tent with fly seet and then my stuff turned to be wet. It was very cold even my breath was being white. (White night has gone)I should care about it! After bad waking up, I ate some hot meal with my gas that was really nice and came power! Then, I started to come to Kemi, that is the first city in Lapland but I haven't still seen any reindeers in here! However, I am really exciting to see it. The last page of the reflet of Rovaniemi, there was a description about the number of reindeers, that was 18,000 or something! Anyway, I will see in two days !

As I told you on the beginning of this page, I am conserning for my future but now this is one the most exciting moment on this trip because I finally came to Kemi, and from now on I won't need to ride on my bike at the side of cars and trucks, so called busy road. Futhermore, this is the Lapland and full of nature as well as place of reindeer! Enough reasons for me to be excited!!!
That is one of the reason why I came to here after two times of thinking at Gdansk and Turku!

Following 2 weeks, I am going to ride on a bike in peaceful place with full of joy, that is the most important point to live! I have found out the meaning to live, that is enjoy!

Yuji @ Kemi, Lapland

3 comments:

  1. そういえば、ラップランドには行ったことなかったねえ。ノルウェーでもトロンヘイムより北にはなんか時間がなくて行かなかったねえ。ラップランドはそんなにいいとこだったかしら?トナカイが町を歩いているとか、野良トナカイとかもいるのかなあ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see! The stuffed animal which I really love named 'ton' might be from Lapland!! I think there also have a lot of wild one as well as for livestock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard of my host that there is not a lot of wild reindeers in Lapland. Even reindeers which walk on the road is that 95% of it owned by someone.... I might be hard to find a wild one. Even if so, I will very be surprised when I come across to a reindeers on a road!

    ReplyDelete