17.8.09

Present from Santa Claus

Since I noticed that I cannot get to Edinburgh neither on July nor August, I need to prepare to warm suits for cycling. Compared to Japan, those equipments for cycling as well as camping stuff in Europe are quite cheap. Even if so, it is still expensive for me to buy those stuff in now.

That's why I tried to buy either Sleeping bag or underwear for daily life. The sleeping bag that I have now is just for summer and quite thin. It will be bare about 5 C, but I have a cover for the bag. So the extreme temp. for night around 0 C I think. But in Norway, it might be get cold under 0 in Sept.
While I was hanging around at supermarket I found a sleeping bag to be bare to -6 C that would be good for cycling but it is a bit big and I have no idea how to deal with my sleeping bag! Probably I cannot bring two. At the same shop, I found a separate underwear for cycling and it might be get warm for my journey. That is costs about 20 Euro with both.

I thought about for 3-5 days which is better for my bicycle and I finally decided to buy underwear for my journey. When I tried to buy that suits for cycling at the store , the God was came to me. When I checked the size of the ware to open the package and I noticed that there were two packages inside of it not only for legs but also for body! Actually, I am not sure if it has the each prices but when I checked it before that has different prices. Anyway, I suddenly packed it again that seemed nothing had happened and then I went to pay for it about 10 Euro to buy. Nothing happened and I finally got the suits for each parts of a body . Of course, it should not be done if I know about it well, but it was and I just opened it and packed it again! Or should I ask to the shopkeeper if it has different prices or not? Anyway, I finally decided that this is a present from God or Santa Claus because it is close to Rovaniemi.

Today is very cold the temp. in here about 12 C but when I get to Nordkapp it might be much colder than here. I should care about it. At the same time, I finally bought a gas and a equipment to cook. Now I can possible to drink a morning coffee for every morning! That would be nice!

To get to Rovaniemi I need another 5 days or less but finally Lapland has almost comes but I cannot say that I am coming to Lapland until I find a reindeer!

Yuji @ Oulu, SUOMI

4 comments:

  1. ヤフーにソダンキュラという北の町の天気予報があるけど、もう最低気温が1度とか冬並みだねえ。北海道よりも寒くなってるねえ。そだ、広樹は明日からまた北海道に二十日間くらい行くと言ってきたねえ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    Oh! I just heard from my host that there had a little snow in few days ago even if it was unusual. I cannot go by bicycle if there are a lot of snow! I will take XC ski, maybe. On this journey, I am not going to pass Sodankyla but going up along the border to Sweden and then I back to Finland going up again to border to Norway. I will be cross the border to Norway 1st of September. I need another sleeping bag......
    Yuji

    PS. How is Hiroki doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 第1日目 8月18日 走行距離250キロ 通算距離250キロ
    0745東京発
    1200倉賀野着
    1600倉賀野発
    1830猿が京
    1930湯沢
    2200道の駅・ゆのたに(新潟県小出町)
    本日から2年ぶり3度目の北海道ツーリングがスタート。今年も例年同行している相棒を引きつれての2人旅。期間は3週間の長丁場。お付き合いください。初日の今日は荷積みに予想以上の時間を要し、初っぱなから2時間押し。
    祖父母が住んでいる高崎市倉賀野に4時間滞在したことでまたしても予定に狂いが生じたが、2人からは熱烈な歓迎を受けて励みになった。その後はR17を北上。午後からは曇りだったこともあり、暑さに対する疲れはなし。群馬県と新潟県の県境である三国峠では野生猿の大群に遭遇。クラクションを鳴らしても動じない素振りは明らかに人間慣れしていた。
    また新潟に入ると田中眞紀子本人が乗った演説カーに遭遇。
    予定では日本海を眺められるところまで行きたかったが、初日から無理は禁物。今夜は新潟県小出町の道の駅にテント設営。

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, he likes morterbike different from me!

    ReplyDelete