2.9.09

From Euro to Krone

The last day of Finland, I ate finally the meat of reindeer with potatos that was very soft and tasty even though I have tried to vegetalian! But I think it is not bad to eat meat for cycling!

Today, I cross a border to Norway, that is the country which neither haven't used Euro nor non-EU member! To tell the truth, nothing have been changed from Lapland to Finmmark, that is the name of Northern part of Norway. Trees has started to trun to red, (actually yellow) that was really beautiful and worth visiting! We have still have high tepmreture in a daytime, but it is shifting between 10-15 I cannot go by bike with harf shirts anymore!

The last night as I told you above, I stayed at Karigasniemi, the very small village with a cottage of Matti & with his wife and two lovely dogs! That was really beautiful place and close to a river. Without any car traffic and any noise, that was really really peaceful place and I thought that I want to live that kind of place after I finish my job. Some people may say that slow life seems to be simple but I think that is the best way of life for human being which is surrounded by nature. We, human being are originally from forest and then to make a city in proper place.

Unfortunately, today is the rainy day but Karajoki in Norway is located 20km from the border that is really helphul for me to keep going.

On the way to get here, I met a party who are from Norway and they are making a long journey to South Africa, called cape2 (double cape from Nordkapp to Cape town in S. Africa). The man, Bojor, who I met in Estonia was also making a journey to S. Africa. It is quite common rute for Norwegian?

By the way, I am still wondering either if I take a ferry from Norway to England, I think that connection is from two cities of Norway, Bergen & southern city in Norway (I forgot the name of the city) to Newcastle or trying to down to Sweden, Denmark... from France to Dover. I am still have a time to go either which I take but I probably take a ferry from Norway because of my economy as well as power and at the same time, I want to make a planning for next journey after got to England. If I couldn't enough time to go to Africa by bicycle, I will take a bus or train but at the same time I want to see Russia as well as southern part of Asia for the last part of this journey. Anyway, I am going up to Nordkapp on 7th of Sep. But actually, I am going up to Nordkapp just because it is the northernmost point of Europe. Morover, I am interested in visiting to Hammerfest in white bear city! According to those people who I met during this journey, I will be in a hard life to over the coast to Oslo different from flat Finland but I would be fun in those beautiful senary!

Yuji @ Karajoki, Norway

3 comments:

  1. ついにノルウェーですか。ユーロに入らずに突っ張っているのは、こことイギリス、スイスくらいなもんでしょう。まあそれだけ裕福だというわけですが。9月になれば北極圏も相当寒いでしょうから、気をつけて。にしても最近また円高で対ドル92円まで伸びていますよ。対ユーロも131円。円は世界でも強い通過です。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japan is one of a rich counry in the world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I have just started reading this. I have read from April to June. I will read more tomorrow.

    Good luck & gambatte!

    Terry
    London

    ReplyDelete