7.8.09

West Coast

West coast of Finland, there are spreading the gulf of Bothnia between Sweden. In some city on the west coast, there are Swedish people are living in and they speak Swedish. Even if both Finnish and Swedish are regarded as official language, it seems like still have a problem to live toghther for Finnish people as far as I heard it from them.

I am still keep slowly heading for Vaasa, the city which is located almost half of the coast line of Finland. The country is quite huge compared to those country which I have already passed. In addition of the country size, I spend for about one week of my holiday and my leg is still not working well. I am keep moving almost 50km per day. That's why, I feel like that Finland is really big country! But surprisingly, it is a bit smaller than Japan!
Yesterday, I slept in a forest with fire to eat some potates for dinner. For these several days, it has been nice weather and easy to barn those trees. I picked some brenches from the forest and then I easily to make an stable fire. But at the same time, it might be burn to the other glass or trees if I lost attention to the fire. It was really natural and wild area. Birds, squwarrals are jumping from one tree to another. I cannot hear nothing except for that dance.
Because of the expensive beer, I finally decided to buy wisky after I got to Finland. The price of beer, for example, a can of beer of 500ml costs 2 and half euro. (For example in Slovakia, it was less than 1 euro to buy the same one)Interestingly, when I try to buy a can of beer which is smaller than 500, it was 335ml or so , that cost only for 1 and half euro or less. Different from Japan, we need more and more money when we try to buy a lot of beer per litter in Finland, that means, it is quite strict rule for drinking alcohole as well as for teenagers only for over 18 from the government in Finland. We cannot buy any alcohole from the shop after 9 pm. Anyway, I finally decided to buy wisky, which costs 8-10 euro for one small bottle of wisky(335ml or less), but I can survive for 1 week or more to drink it. But I need to show my passport, oh I am 21 years old!

Still my right leg is well, hopefully it is getting better. I need a much more time to cure it compeletely!

Yuji @Narpes, FIN

1 comment: