25.8.09

Love of Family

Today I got to Pello, which has two cities both Finland and Sweden side. Interestingly, between Finland and Sweden they have one hour of time differences.

At Rovaniemi I met a Santa Claus, he must be one of the famous person in the world even though a lot of people in Japan they don't really know where he is living. He lives so called in Santa village, which is located 8km north from the central Rovamiemi. After I passed a reception to meet Santa Calus, I finally could meet him. He was sitting on a chair with his costume as I thought so. The first question of his was " Where are you from? " and then I answered "I am from Japan." I thought that he is trying to say hello in Japanese but he couldn't easily remember. Even after I notice that he couldn't say hello in Japanese, I couldn't say anything just because I wanted to know if he could possible to say it or not. After few seconds, he finally said "Konnichiwa!" That was really cool!
After several dialogue that I did over and over time during this journey, we started to take a picture. And then, we started talking again and for couple of minutes and say good-bye. I don't know how many times have he done during a day but he must be patient and enjoyable person to communicate with each costomer. During the time when I communicate with him, I noticed that he is very easy to talk and trying to speak slow, clear, as our imagination and good listener! I thought that he must be a person who is one of the best listener in all over the world. As I told you before, the best place to visit was those place that I want to visit go again. Similarly, good person is that I want to see him or her again after I first met even though the definision of good person is quite selfish. Through this trip, I met a lot of people and mostle they are helpful with hospitality but not everybody that I want to meet again even though I am appreciate with their offer.

At Rovaniemi, I visited a family of four with three dogs who they living in an apartment. Surprisingly, the husbund is a student and her wife is also studying. In Finland, almost all students don't have to pay for their study because of the support from the government especially if you are student they can also possible to take some support of their apartment. They have two children, 4 years old son and 2 years old daughter. I heard the age of first baby from him that was 21, the same year as me in now. While one guy is from Japan is traveling through the European continent at 21 years old, at the same age 4 years ago he got a baby in Finland. I couldn't believe if I have a baby in now, moreover I should find a girl friend.

Before coming to Europe and when I was studying in Japan, my teacher always said "Have a dream whatever you want" and whenever I heard that phrase so called "Dream" that means, to be a somebody, doctor, lawyer, astronaut, resercher.....and so on. However, whenever I met those people who are trying to make a family especially they have a little baby, I thought that making a warm family might be one of a dream of my life. It seems to be easy to make or sounds little dream but taking care of their children is hard work and there would be no choice once you got a baby. I will add my dream list that I will be a dad who can give a lot of love to my children as I saw at Rovaniemi!

Yuji @ Pello, Lapland , Finland

PS. Today I stayed with family of Jussi, who hosted me at Helsinki with his girlfriend. His hometown is here in Pello. Actually he is not here but his parents and little brother (he is 13 years old but his English skill is almost the same that I have or a little bit better than me ) hosted me. At the same time I am feel like given a lot of love from them. How family is nice!!

4 comments:

  1. いよいよスウェーデンですか、日本も少し秋っぽくなってきた。それでこれからは北へ?南へ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's Markus. We feel warm at heart for what you said. Positive comments encourage us on the path we have chosen. Thank you and good luck with your dreams!
    Arigatoo gozaimasu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sptaka,
    North! As far as I can! I am directly going up to Norway before get to Sweden even though I saw Sweden from the other side of the river!
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Markus,
    Good Japanese!! I will be better Finnish when I meet you again!! And I am happy you are reader of my blog! Nice to see for all & hopefully, keep in touch!
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete