10.8.09

at Vaasa

This is the last day to stay at Vaasa. In these two days, I stayed with Reeta and her friends who are from Sweden. They had really good relationship with each other, it won't be happen any wars between them, anyway. Different from the relationship of Baltic language between Lithuanian and Latovian, they couldn't communicate with their mother tongue, that means, they use in English when they communicate with each other, they speak in English very well even if they just graduated from high school. My English level is still lower than those student as I felt in Eastern Europe. I don't have a lot of time to improve it, but I should be hunger to speak English more and more... to be able to speak it fluently.

In these two days, I have tried to take some rest to be able to cure my legs completely. As a result of rest for two days, my legs seems to be better than before and I have no pain at the moment. Still, it might be start to pain again and I an going to keep 50km per day. To be able to reduce and cure my leg, I planned to ask for a doctor in Vaasa but the day when I came here was on Saturday and there was no working private doctor until on Monday, today. But, I got some information about to cure my leg. Firstly, I took a Magunesium tablet for it just once a day and I am going to keep throw it until the pain disapper. And after that, I bought a supporter from a sports shop to try to reduce the impact from the riding. I hope it will work well. If the pain starts again I will ask for a doctor at Oulu, that is the last city before Lapland. Still, it is located about 300km away from here, Vaasa.

One thing that I want to write was that I bought a brake for my bike as well as supporter from the shop, but that break didn't work of my bike even if I confirmed it if it works for my bike or not to a shopkeeper. Then, the next day, today I asked if they can refund me of the money or change of my brake which is fit to my bike. Unfortunately, they didn't have any brake except for it, but they finally cash me back to buy another brake even if I had already opened that package and tried to check to my bike if it works or not. If it is in Japan, it might be refund if I have a recipt but I was wondering because I didn't pay for it as a cash but it should be done.

It was remineded me when I worked at MacDonal's.

In those days, I was a in a service counter at my MacDonald's, and I had a claim if they refund it just because the seat of the MacD was occupied because of the lunch time. Then I asked manager if it could be possible to cash them back and another option was that we can put those food in a bag to be able to eat at home or somewhere as a take away. The manager told me that, "it was not usual to do it, but now we are really busy to take care of it. So, you should do it. " Then, I cash it back to them and throw those humbergers even if it is edible, what's more, they bought two or three set, that's why it was one of unforgattable experience at there. In Japan, at MacD. the life of tried french fries is only 7 minutes and beef was 15 minute respectively. If we couldn't sell it to the customer, we should put it into garbage. We made a lot of waste to be able to serve for fresh food.

Through this journey, I felt how important to choose from the shop and to eat to live. Sometimes we, the people in developed countries, make an mistake and lose how important to eat food and sometimes eat too much just because we have a money to pay for it. Trying to think about what is the sustainable eating for global scale, that is really important to live long enough for human being and I have been felt it through this journey. To be able to notice what is happing in the world or what is correct or not would may be one of the reason why I like traveling not only developed countries but also developing countries.

Yuji @ Vassa

P.S Now I bought a new brake! And, I might be going to be an Vegitalian through this journey. Moreover, I have been not the person who prefer to eat meats since I was in a child except for chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment