16.1.10

St. Denis - Bobigny - Romainvill - Montreuil

According to the book which I am reading titled "Urban Outcasts" written by Loic Wacquant, told me that banlieues in Paris arn't that dengirous to visit compared to Chicago ghetto.

Yestersday after coffee with Beate, I went to St. Denis where is outside of Paris with my bike and from there I cycled to east in order to get to see other part of banlieue in Paris.

Based on my Tanzanian as well as Indonesian Travel, the places where I were yesterday weren't that dengerous. But at the same time, the people living in there reminds me my those travel to developing countries.

I saw a children tried to sell newspapers and to cleaning on the window of a car for drivers who were waiting for the traffic light, what I saw a lots in Tz but never in Japan.

I saw a car on the street which a window has broken and people trying to make with tape instead of buying a new window. Then I also saw some cars which have already got some hole and trace of accident more than that I saw in the circle of Paris.

There was a market which is 90% of the people are black which means both costomers and shopkeepers.

What I feel from there that firstly people are making a different society and community those who are from same part of the world in order to live in Paris. At the same time, I cannot understand why there are a lots of immigrants live in Paris.(I have to learn French history.)

As you suggested I've got a shock. Of course, the people living outside of Paris they are not that big differences between the people who are living inside of the Paris where northern part of 18,19,20 district. On the way back to Paris, I was thinking where is the point that I've got the different feeling to the Paris as a touristic places.

Tourist cannot understand who are the people in Paris only if you go to Effel Tower and Arc of Triump, though those buildings told me about what is Paris as I had before I came.

Yuji @ Paris, France 29

3 comments:

  1. パリの黒人街は確かにあるね。だってサッカーフランス代表は全員黒人だから、日本じゃんなことありえない。それでも30年前はフランスとアメリカだけは日本を信用していなくて、ビザを申請しないと観光入国もできなかった。過激派が国際空港でテロ騒ぎを起こしていたから、日本は危険な国だと思われていた。
     さて、近未来は純血主義を守っている日本こそが少子化で世界最悪の状況を招くだろうといわれるね。税金負担が多くなって国家経済が破たんするか、もしくはあるときに大量移民を受け入れて混乱するか、どちらか。

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all cities there are good things and bad things. London has very good theatres, ballets, plays, musicals, operas and concerts. If you come here, please go to the theatre. But don't come here for a beach holiday with surfing. :-)

    Paris is the same. Please take the good things.

    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Terry,

    Thank you for your good advice!
    I have been keeping in mind what you told me about before. Did you find something bad in Tokyo? I beg you told me about what you did find in there. I think that I myself have been living in Tokyo more than twenty years that I am not so sensitive about Tokyo. Of course, I know some part of the city like in Paris, where a lots of poor people live. (actually the place where I grown up was close to that part of the city.) But we don't have a lots of immigrants especially for homeless people as far as I know.

    Yuji @ Paris with cloudy

    ReplyDelete