26.1.10

The Last Week of French Lesson

It has been bad for the last week of French lesson.

Today is Tuesday and which means the second day of the week. Today at the lesson, I argued with the teacher, Claudine then I left at the lesson.

Things happened sometimes with very stupid reason but not for all.

Today I was on time to start the lesson and I took a seat and the lesson started with two other students as I told you.

I had a thing that I couldn't understand from yesterday's homework. I have been thinking why I couldn't understand and try to ask to Francoirse but neither I couldn't get it. Then today I asked to her why in this blanc that I have to put "lui" and try to understand what she was teaching me about.

When I ask that question she told me that "I already explained but I will do it again quickly." And then she started to write something about it with and to explain that why that blank is needed to put "lui" The question is as follows: I have to rewrite to guess from the former sentence.

From "Pierre amie ce film? " to "Oui, ce film ( ) plait." (I have to put a word into () as "lui")

But why "lui" come to the blank??

Firstly, I tried to ask her the meaning of the sentences the first question means that "Does Pierre like this film?" This is no problem to understand it. And then the next sentence is something like "Yes, this film please to him." uh??????
At this moment, I couldn't get it what the meaning of the sentences.

Then I tried to ask how I can understand it. And she told me that "I cannot explain it anymore. Or I would say that there is no suitable translation in English. I did my best so that you can understand of this sentences."

Then I said to her "I took to think about this sentences why I have to put "lui" for an hour in the last eveing! Why you cannot explain it? I really want to know!! " with loudly.

Then she again told me "I did my best. I don't know how I can explain it anymore. Both Yamili and Beate understand it but you couldn't understand. Why you all the time trying to say with like this! I am fed up to teach you about it and they also feel like bad. And each time when you couldn't understand the sentences you make me feel bad! I will do my best but if you don't want to learn in here, you just move away!"

Then I decided to move out from her school for today not to gave up to learn but I feel like that I wanted to be alone.

Lesson hold 5 days in a week. Everyday people have a different feeling especially in the morning. I know sometimes that she is hard to teach and I also have a time both good and bad day to learn. Past two days from Monday has been bad day and I know because I feel bad to learn and my brain couldn't understand easily.
The reason that she've got a bad feeling from my question is that well, I always trying to understand all sentences because I am doing my best for all the time to learn French especially I only have one month and I am supposed to go back to my home later on. It's normal to try to learn seriously what she is teaching, isn't it?
I know that I am really not a good attention for teachers all the time.(I don't like a teach in Japan who especially trying to make a distance between teacher and student. Cladine is not that kind of teacher who I hate but even so there is a something I cannot stand the attention from her.)I had some argument with a teacher when I was in a high school student. But the differences between the high school and now is that make something bad on purpose or by nature. I think I am the person who make a bad attention towards Cladine but how should I do it. This is me and I just try to understand though the way to asking makes her bad. I cannot chage it. Otherwise, I am just sitting on the class without saying anything but if I do so, I definetely lost a lots that I could learn from her and couldn't keep up with the lesson. I am serious that I want to learn French.

Yesterday, in the morning, my bike chain broke down on the way to class about one third on the way and I feel like that I won't take a but or metro. Instead I decided to push my bike to the class. Of course, I was late for school for 20 minutes. In addition, the night before I was at the hostel and a girl at the same room woak up at 4 am. and my freind from Algentina also wake up at seven.(I was supposed to wake up half passed seven.), which means that I couldn't sleep well that night. That's why I couldn't consentrate on my class.

The problem is that I have to consentrate on the class in order to understand of her explanation in all the time. Even always she explain French grammer with English, but I cannot understand it because of the different style of teaching that I've got in Japan. Then I have to ask "why you are explainig of this sentence at the moment?" which it was really hard for me to catch up with her lesson. But it is really important for me to understand those explanation. Otherwise, I won't understand anything from her lesson just listening some explanation with the word which I couldn't understand from her!! Again, if not, I can take on the seat at the class listening the explanation which I couldn't understand all the time. But yesterday I had no power trying to understand French because of the things from the night before.

But this is the problem of my personal things and shouldn't bring it to the class and it won't be a reason why I couldn't attend her lesson. I knew.

Tomorrow, I will go to the class as the third day before the last lesson.

Yuji @ Paris, Fr. 38

PS. It's pity that I missed a coffee with Beate.

4 comments:

  1. 残りは数日ですね、はい。

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want ACCURATE translation of the French verb "plaire" into Englsh, it is
    plaire = to be pleasing to
    The structure of this French verb is
    subject + indirect object + verb

    I can't make French accents on this keyboard but..

    The French verb needs indirect object. e.g.
    Ca plait a Kenya = This is pleasing to Kenya
    S'il vous plait = if it is pleasing to you
    (better English, "if you please" or simply "please")
    ca lui plait = it is pleasing to him (better English, "it pleases him" or "he likes it")

    direct object
    me
    te
    le/la
    nous
    vous
    ils/elles

    indirect object
    me
    te
    lui
    nous
    vous
    leur

    subject
    je
    tu
    il/elle
    nous
    vous
    ils/elles


    Stop arguing. Gambatte
    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof. Terry,
    Thank you for good advice to understand why it needs "lui". I've got a little bit better than before. But still it's hard for me to understand deeply and I think I need a time to get the reason. I will do my best for the rest of school without any trouble.

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most verbs take direct object.
    e.g. manger = to eat
    il mange le gateau = he eats the cake
    il le mange = he eats it

    Some verbs take indirect object
    e.g. dire = to tell
    je dis a Paul = I tell to Paul
    je lui dis = I tell to him

    Some verbs take both direct object and indirect object
    je donne le livre a Paul = I give the book to Paul
    je le lui donne = I give it to him

    Plaire takes indirect object
    Il plait a Paul = it is pleasing to Paul
    Il lui plait = it is pleasing to him

    Kenya, you have come a long way and made a long journey. Good luck

    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete