10.1.10

Do you miss Japan?

A lots of people who I met on the way they told me that "Do you miss Japan?"

And then, I answered "Yes" for both foods and bath.

Since I have started to stay at Spiek's apartment, I bought some Japanese foods from Chinese store located 13 destrict. Though I ate some Japanese food for a month ago with my friend in Dusseldorf, but still I am starving for Japanese food. Two days ago, I was at the Chinese supermarket and I bought Japanese radisshu(Takuan), furmented beans(Nattou), nori(sea plants for sushi), and of course Japanese rice which is different from Thai-rice niether Indian one. Actually, I had a chance to eat it at Dusseldorf but I was full when I wanted. My stomach has been getting smaller and smaller I thought.

After I bought those food, I made a rice from boiling. Normally in Japan, we have rice cooker to make it but in here they don't have because of the cultural differences. I saw when I was in that Chinese supermarket but I though I wasn't for it.Then I know how to make rice from the boiling since I used to make a rice with boiling while I belonged to mountain club.

Interestingly, Spiek, she has chopsticks and bowl for rice as well as Donburi, which specialized for Japanese noodle such as Soba and Udon. It was interesting for me to hear that when I was using her bowl, that was "This is my bowl!!" I think she loves her bowl. I met some Europeans who are strongly interested in Asian culture. She is not the person but she likes Japanese and Chinese, Asian culture as she like in European culture.

I got a feeling from her that people in France they want to make it clear that the thing is blongs to whom compared to other part of Europe which is close to Japanese culture. Like this "this bowl is mine, you can use but it's mine!!"
Is that because she is by far older than me? Actually, she is a little younger than my mother but I feel she is young for her mentality.
Finally, she told me that "I might not typical Franch woman I know. And I told her "Yes I know since we met!"

Her two cats always disturb my sleeping but they are lovely and cute. At place we don't have any pets but I really like animals though they sometimes make some stupid things.

Tomorrow, is the first day of second week of January. Since I started to take French course, I got the track of what day is it today.

Yuji @ France, Paris, 25

PS. I have been missing for bath!!

4 comments:

  1. 中華料理や中華スーパーは世界中どこにもあるし、凄く役に立つものだ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcus from jonkoping sweden here. I forgot to recommend a great japanese restaurant for you in paris. It\s on Rue Saint-Anne. Best Gyoza in Paris gauranteed. there are lots of other great japanese restaurants there also. ENjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marcus!
    Thank you for your information!! Actually, I knew that Japanese restaurant (mainly they have Japanese-Chinese foods) what I like very much!!
    Yes there are a lots of Japanese restaurant in Paris though sometiles the owner of the restaurants are from outside of Japan!! I think I could make some good Japanese foods as they serve for their costomer from Chinese store!! Or no? I will see! By the way, Higuma means black bear in Japanese!! You've already got??
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete