4.1.10

January in 2010

A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Today is the first day of French School in Paris. I will study French in whole January.

The day for new year, I met a woman the day before who is from Japan and we together go to Effel tower to celebrate for the new year! The illumination of the tower was so beautiful and I enjoyed watching and staying there. Since I have been back to the former hostel, I met new Japanese people as well, which I started to speak Japanese more than that in English.

As I told you in above, I finally decided to study French seriously not only studying by myself. The school located close to Italian square. It is very small but student at the school of this month were only three for beginners course which I taken. One woman from Cuba who speak only Spanish and another woman is from the States. It was hard for me to catch up with the lesson even though that was the first day of school. The school starts from 8:45 to 10:15 for weekdays, which I have to wake up before 8 am for the next four days. What's more the pronounciation of French is hard for me and almost everytime when I try to say something the teacher try to correct it to right. I feel that I was afraid of making a mistake with pronounciation that would be worse with my Frnech. I could do that with in English but I have to do manage it in French as well.

I will concentrate on my French for this month and trying to make it up as much as I can!!!

Yuji @ Paris, Franch, 18

5 comments:

  1. ふ~ん、ついにフレンチコネクションにはまってしまったか。モスクワは英語よりもフレンチ文化に憧れていると思う。なぜならナポレオンに相当やられた過去がある。バイカル湖周辺のリゾートもフレンチ文化と言われるし、カナダモントリオールは知られるようにフランス語を話している。アメリカもルイジアナのニューオーリンズだけはフランス圏だったねえ。サンフランの町並みもフランスっぽいって言われている。フランス文化圏はスペイン文化圏よりも広いんだろうか?お好きにどうぞ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    I think more people who speak Spanish than that in French. I haven't been fascinated by the culture of France at least in Paris but I really want to learn French that's enough reason to learn, right? At hostel I speak both Japanese and English which I had to find out the environment that I just speak French instead of those languages, though. I think most of the places what we call touristic places in the world we might communicate with English except that you are not trying to talk with locals. Paris is not the best place to learn French I know but not too bad to learn French at the same time.
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. If you want to learn French, Paris is not the best place. But to be honest, in an international life, French is not important. Sorry for any French readers. However, for the average Japanese guy, I think French is not so useful. I hope no French people are reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Terry,
    Have you been hate with each other? Yes, when I ask my French teacher that "Ese que vous amem le England? (Do you like England?) She told me that "I prefer Spain not in UK." Another man from France made me the similar answer. For me it is interesting to know about how French people think about England as well as your view!
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! That is funny for me.

    In England the reputation for Paris people is that they are rude (not polite). I have two Japanese friends who went to Paris separately. Both Japanese friends said that the Paris people were very nice and friendly. So maybe Paris people only don't like English people.

    I say it is like families. The worst fights are between brothers because they are the closest. There have been many wars between England and France because they are so close - Like Japan and Korea or Japan and China.

    T.

    ReplyDelete