15.9.09

The Junction

I cannot say good-bye without tears, once if I spend for more than three days. When I left from Arnt's place (he hosted me for 6 days), I cannot say thank you to him without tears, even I cannot say anything just because I moved very much for his hospitality, firstly. I have never cried during this journey to say good- bye to someone that was my first time start to cry. I don't know exactly why teras came out from my eyes but I think I feel like alone as well as my gratitude to him. The days to spend his place was special for me even though I haven't noticed before to say good bye to him.

That's why I was a little bit afreaid to say good-bye to Steffen, who he traveled with me about 10 days since we met at Arnt's place. After we left from Arnt's place, we as well as Cristfer, who is also German cyclist stated to go Olderfjord for two days. Because of our lazy sleeping, Cristfer left to there a little bit faster than us. That's why we, I and Steffen kept continue to travel until the Junction, which is the place we were supposed to say good-bye. Steffen as I told you, he is from Germany by bicycle from Trondheim to up to Northcape. After we met Arn't place we went together to the northernmost point in Europe as well as Nordkapp. Yesterday, we know each other that we were going to go to different way according to each shcedule. He is going back his home from Alta and I wanted to go to Hammerfest. In the morning, it was normal day as we are keep continuing on our jounery but when we get to the junction we got what we were doing. I thought that I must say something to him because he helped me quite. But I couldn't say anything that I thought because if I say something about to him I would most probably start to cry. Since I did to Arnt, I didn't want to cry again or smiling at last. Without anything special to him, I regret that I didn't say to him a lot because after we headed for each ways, I started to cry. So, this time I will write something that I wanted to say him.

Dear Steffen

I am happy to meet you!
I am happy to travel with you in northernmost point in Europe as well as the last part of your trip!
I am happy that every morning when we ate something that you said "You can take my bowl if you want! "
I am happy that I can continue of my journey with your neck warmer & sox.
I am happy to stay with you at one tent to share our culture!
I am happy to meet you!

I feel sad that we are not traveling anymore.
But I hope that we can meet again somewhere in the world.

I am happy to meet you.

good-bye & take care on your rest of journey.

Yuji @ Hammerfest, Finmark, Norway

PS. I cannot write everything without tears....not bad!!

4 comments:

  1. Bad news! Suddenly it is autumn. A couple of days ago it was bright sunshine in the park. Today it was dark, cloudy skies and strong winds. When I left the office it was raining. Not English rain - just gentle so an umbrella isn't necessary and it stops after 20 minutes. This is Japanese rain! Tonight it has been raining for 5 hours and some places the water comes over your shoes. I went to the supermarket on the way home. How can they do this to me?? How can they be so hard? They have started to sell Christmas pudding already!

    Goodbye summer. Hello autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how long to travel south?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow travelling south seems like it should be downhill???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry,
    Sure! I am not sure but it must be hard compared to flat land form of Finland.
    Oh in Japan, I think this is the season for bad weather but it will be better than here except for temp. Today in Hammerfest I got a little sun in the morning, which means I have no reason to stay here anymore! Down to Olso to get warm!

    ReplyDelete