4.9.09

Sunny Day in Norway!

Two days have passed since I came to here in Norway!
I will try to write something about the first impression in Norway from now on. Every countries where I have passed was that the first week, especially first day is really important and find a lot of differences between the country which I was in before the day, for example in this case in Finland.

What I noticed during the two days was that, firstly people are quite open to foreinger, that is easy to travel as well as communicate with local people, normally they can speak English as I felt in Finland even though they are older generations. Secondly, the view was really really beautiful, there are quite a lot of mountains different from Finland, actually I was a little bit bored since I spent for over one month in Finland with a lot of forest except for reindeer! Thirdly, if I forced to say something, the girls are more beautiful than Finland especially in a little girl! In addition those notification, the Norwagian language is quite similar to English, which seems easy to learn especially Finnish is regarded as one of the hardest language to learn. The sound from radio sometimes I thought even English!

People in Scandinavian both Finland and Norway, they can easily understand that I am from Japan. Before then I sometimes be thought that I am from China or Thailand, even still I sometimes asked from someone that "Are you from Thailand?" especially I am still a little bit burned my skin and basically my skin is a little bit dark as a Japanese. When I was in Finland I asked in a shop was that "Hello! (in Thailand)" I forgot the word. But the woman thought that I am from Thailand. Actually, a lot of people from ASEAN countries to Finland in order to work as a farmland and something like that, that's why she thought that I am from Thailand. However, basically people who I met during the journey they said "Are you from Japan?" even some people ask me "Are you from Japan by bicycle ?" with a little joke, I thought a lot of people traveling in scandinavian countries. Surely, people are used to meeting people from Japan.

I came up from the border to up to here in the sea, that was only 70km or so, but those beautiful mountains has started after I stopped Karasjok, that was the first stop in Norway. We, in Japan have also a lot of mountains but our mountains are mostly in the village and middle part of land. Wheres the mountains which I saw yesterday as well as today were very close to the sea, that was one of the feature of the land making fijord, or I would say rock without grass!

I am supposed to stay in Norway in the middle of October. In Finland, I couldn't have a time to catch a salmon from a river but I hopefull I can catch some fishes from the sea. It is free to try do fishing, anyway. In addition to that attraction, I wanna watch some northern light even though midnight sun has already gone!

Yuji @ Lakselv, Norway

PS. Right now, I am going up to farther north ! In these two days, the weather has been perfect! Not only just for sun shine but also wind is my supporter!

2 comments:

  1. お~、いよいよ北に向けて迫ってきましたねえ。ところで広樹は3週間の北海道バイクも終わって、帰りは小樽~新潟のフェリーで間もなく新潟到着ですね。5000キロくらい走ったようです。それとお笑いの間寛平は大西洋のヨットもフランス到着してパリから間もなくベルギーにマラソンしてますが、彼は毎日50キロマラソンしていると、悠史の自転車よりも速いような気もしてます。どっかで出合うのかな?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come to 30km to North cape! I will go there tomorrow!! Maybe I will stay for one night!!!

    ReplyDelete