2.7.09

July has come!

In these days, I have been really tired and it is hard to ride on a bike even if the weather is fine for past few days.
Anyway, I finally crossed a border to Latvia, that is the 8th country of this journey.

Compared to Lithuania, the first impression of this country is poor than that. I am always try to careful when I cross the border in each countries because I can get a lot of informations from the first day of each countries. Anyway, my first impression in Latvia was poor than Lithuania. Of course, it is not a big differences between Lithuania and Latvia and Latvia is one of a developed country in the world even if it is not true in the European continent.

The reason why I thought that were:

1.the road condition as well as aggressive driver
2.rial prices of things

Firstly, the road has been not a good condition compared to other eastern European countries. Normally, national roads of each countries are paved well like in Tokyo. But here, some private road have not been paved to asphalt. Some national roads are easy to pass on the bicycle because of bad asphalt, a little bit rough compared to Lithuania.
Secondly, these Baltic countries have still used their own currencies. Compared to Lithuania, the price of foods are cheaper than Lithuania. When I try to buy a bottle of water the price was half Euro in Latovia, but in Lithuania that was 0.7 Euro or something like that such as in Poland. As I told you before, in Baltic countries has a lot of bad influence on the Crisis, it is hard to understand in their daily life but people in here they told me that impact.

Anyway, the life in Latvia has started and it will continued for 1 week!!!
From now on I will go up to the peninsula to the top and then I will go to the capital with riding on my bike and taking some rest!

Yuji @ Pavilosta in Latvia

PS. I will jump in to the sea in no time, the summer has come in here!!

2 comments:

  1. ま~、東ヨーロッパ最果ての地。日本で言えば島根県。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    A lot of people who lives in Baltic countries will be anger to you, if you write in English! And people in Shimane prefecture as well if they will see my blog!
    But, I guess the total population of those countries about 80 million, it was not a big differences to the population in Tokyo.
    It might be true that country itself is countryside compared to western Europe.
    Yuji

    ReplyDelete