31.7.09

My Sore Right

Because of the cycling over 100km for two days, my right leg has started to pain.

The day before yesterday, I left for Tampere with no pain. The weather and road were pretty fine and it seemed like nothing would be happen. Actually, the day was nothing especially. Just riding on a bicycle in a country road. It was really quiet except for cars. The place where I had tent was a glassland close to a forest. I saw some deers in there!! Different from for these 10 days, that forest was much more isolated from the society and even felt like lonely.

After the day, yesterday, I started to go to Tampere to stay for one night. The day also seems like nothing would happen. But, it has started to pain for my right leg. The beginning of the pain, I felt like that it was the same pain for my foot that has already experienced. Normally, I just try to support by taping when it come to. So I did it as usual. However, that was a little bit different tipe of pain that I had. The sore kept going and getting worse. I couldn't stop riding and keep continuing to Tampere with some normal break. Lastly, bofore 15km from Tampere, I couldn't ride on my bike anymore and even walking it was painful for me to do that. So, I finally decided to sit on a bench and try to find a doctor or good idea.

Suddenly, the couple riding on their bicycle passed by me and I asked ¨Excuse me! Where is the nearest hospital? Because I had a pain for my right leg.¨ and then they answered¨It is located in Tampere that is about 15km away from here. Follow me on your bike and I will show you. ¨ I couldn't do that anymore and I said ¨I cannot ride on my bike from here to get there, unfortunately.¨ Then, they said again¨OK. Do you need a taxi to get there or I will call to the hospital if they can cure you or not. And do you have a money to pay for it?¨ and ¨Yes¨

As a result I could over the last 15 km pushing and riding on my bike to Tampare and finally I met a nice host and staying his house.

Surprisingly, there was no service for foreigner in the public hospital in Tampere. Only private hospital could treat me. (Is that because of the free for cure of their tax?) But that hospital closed after 7 pm, it was a bit late and I finally decided ¨I will ask for the doctor if my leg will still be painful tomorrow" I heard from them of a taxi number in case that I couldn't walk and it was hard to find a taxi on a road because of the place if it is far from the city center.

Anyway, now I am still in the house of the host and wait for the die in that pain. Still, there is, but it is much better than that in yesterday. One of the reason of the pain was that just because it was quite long way for two days, I had a lot of rest before that and my legs have been amaized. And another reason was that the last way going to Tampere was full of hills such as Helsinki to Turku and my stuff was a bit heavier than that before taking a long rest. I bought a rod for fishing and candle, wisky....even water it was 5 L, I finally threw away to Tampere. In short, it might be better to try to reduce of my stuff to continue of my trip.

Try to think sustainable distance for one day and taking some rest from now on, that will be the best way to continue of my journey! I will stay whole today at Tampere, that means for two nights!

Yuji @ Tampere, FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment