10.7.09

My Language Skills

This is the second time to write the same thing which I have worte already before. It might be happens that everything would dissapper when I am tiping.

I have started to learn French and Germany as well as English. English is the only language that I can communicate with each other those person who can speak it. As I told you before, when I try to apply for United Nations officer, I need to use at least 2 languages on business. My English is still not the level that can use in that situation. I will be over it in no time.

Anyway, I choose French as a second language for applying at UN even though I learned Chinese when I was the 2nd and 3rd year of my school, but I am not interested in China, even if that is the country which will rise in this century as my grabdfather told me before. And lot of scholars say the same things to China as well as Brazia, Russia, and India, so called BRICS, the last S means, south africa or.... I heard it somewhere. The reason why I choose French is that because it is used for UN as one of official language, the rest of them are Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Arabic probably. Unfortunately, Germany is not the language which is used at UN as a official language. Futhermore, my second reason is that a lot of countries in Africa, in particlar north and west part, they use in French as their daily life or for tourist. Once, those countries were a colony of French and the legacy of that age is still remainig in that continent, and that is the one of the reason why African continent still developing nowadays even if those independent year was 1960s.

That is why, I started to study French after two times failure when I was freshman. French is a part of Latin language, that is similar to Spanish and Italy, different from English. Compared to French, Germany is a language that is easy to study! English is a part of Germanic language. Those pronounciation and grammer structure are quite the same in English. For this 2 months I haven't spend enough time to study because of my busy schedule. But finally, I noticed the comfortable distance per day to be able to study and travel is 80km. The distance so far, to here per day is between 100km and 120km. Time is limited and but I need to travel and study those languages before going back. In this few days, I started to learn French for my future. That is still hard to learn by myself, but I brought a book with CD from Japan, that CD is quite helpful to study! However, the best way to study French is to go to France, right? If I spend in whole July in scandinavian countries, I won't have enough time to stay at France as well as Germany. I need to choose the way if I go up to Northcup or directly to Stockholm by ferrty.

I learned how time and money is important to live through this journey!

Lastly, I will show my language skills at the moment following importance order:

English-only tool for communication!
French-the key language for my future
Germany-time will solve
Swahili-the second mother tongue
Japanese-mother tongue

Yuji @ AINAZI, Latvia

PS. This is the last day in Latvia and the first day of Estnia

2 comments:

  1. フレンチ?マジ 世界のホテル業者を対象とした調査で、「きれい好きで礼儀正しく、物静かな」日本人が3年連続で旅行者好感度ナンバーワンに輝いた。最低は「けちで無礼で外国語を話さない」フランス人だった。(昨日のニュースですが)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    That might be one of the reason why French people colonized a lot of African countries!

    ReplyDelete