2.7.17

Owino Market



Today I went to Owino Market where it is located in the central part of Kampala. It is not far from Nakasero market where I went to yesterday,
The big differences between Nakasero market and Owino market is that Nakasero is the place where people sell vegetables, meats, fishes, and fruits as what we see in Tsukiji and Ameyoko. Compared to Nakasero market, Oiwno is the place which is a kind of slum. People can sell the stuff but at the same time we can see thier lifes. People hang out thier laundly and they have thier meals outside. I storongly feel that this is Uganda and this is the developing countries.

We went to a snack bar in the market. There is a woman who works at the market and she offered us to sit the table. She cleaned the table by using duster, but the water in duster include mad. But I respected thier hospitality and said to my stomack "be strong!!"

We ate Rolex, which is made by rolled egges with tomatos. It seems like tortilla. The taste is fantastic!! Since there were not a lot of foreigners and tourist they also respect us. We enjoyed lunch.

After that we went to the mosque which is located in the old Kampala area (west side). The mosque is huge. Two girls who I went with they had to ware scarf. We went inside the mosque and after that we also went to the tower along with the mosque, We went up 80m by walking corkscrew. The view from the top was amazing!! We can see the place where we went and seven hills in Kampala. There was a guide who told us some famous places in Kampala. I saw a building which is very close to my dormitory, Nakasero market and Owino market as well. What I feel from the view is that those places in low geografically is that where poor people lives. Compared to that rich people lives where it is on the hill. I strongly feel that there is a big differences between the poor people and rich people. That is what I feel strongly feel today. Of coruse it's tough to see around market because we have to be care our stuff every moments but at the same time it is good thing to know about the reality of the people. It is good to stay at dorm on Sundays but I want go out and touch thier culture as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment