1.7.17

Nakasero Market








Today is the first Saturday since I came to Uganda. I went to Nakasero market with my friends.
Compared to Tokyo and Kampala, my dormitory is central part of Tokyo or Yamanote area such as Minato-ku but when it comes to Nakasero market it is like Ueno and Asakusa area where I was born, or Shitamachi area. I like the atomoshere in Shitamachi-area.
We went to the market to buy some fruits and had a lunch at a snack bar. It was my first time to eat Ugandan food. We ordered Posho, whish is made of maize, Cassava, which is made of cassava, and Matoke, which is made of banana for cooking with fish or meat. We shared them but I personally ordered Posho. The taste of Posho is nothing. It's very weak flavor. Once I tried it in Tanzania. It is similar one and people called it as Ugari. So I ate Posho with chiken but I prefer Matoke. Some people say that school lunch in Uganda may eat Posho everyday. I hope that I will eat Matoke everyday instead.

Anyway, overally I enjoyed staying in Nakasero Market. People are kind and talktative. And they speak very good English. Of course I could touch how hard thier lives especially those who runs a store. I could help them but I'm not a billionaire or tourist. If there is comthing I need to buy I will go to Nakasero market again. It is hot but we can find something new, which means it's worth visiting.

















Yuji@Kampala

No comments:

Post a Comment