1.6.09

Give Money

"Give money", when I traveled in Tanzania, a country located in eastern part of Africa, everyday I asked fpr them. I really hate this word. Even 3 or 5 years child asked me, I guess they do not know Hello or Goodbye.
But sometimes I gave them some money. I did not remember why I gave them some money. I should have thought it well.....

And here, through traveling I asked three times in thier own language instead of English. At first, I cound not understand what they were getting at. But they tried to teach me by some gestures like escrape with thier fingers. So, I got it what they wanted to say.I disappointed even if we communicate with each other.

When I asked first time at Bulugaria. Actually, I gave them some momey to them. But I felt that was strange!! Why I should give them some money because Japan is a rich coutry? No! They did not know where I am from. But they knew I am turist. Turist have money I suppose, even if every turist do not have a lot.

By the way, tip is not famous in Japan. And I never heard "Give money " from homeless or begger. I guess this is related our culture because Japan has a culture of shame. We do not prefer looking down on ourselves from someone even if we have no money.

But anyway, I decided that I never gave money to someone who asked me "Give Money".The reason is that either I gave them some money or I do not gave them money, I will not feel like good after that. If I gave them, I feel like I am from rich country, so I need to give them money if they want. If so, I never go to Africa or I need to a lot of money before I go there. If I do not give them money, I feel like guilty even if I just refused it and to start thought about them. How was that!!

Development aid is important to develop in the southern developing countries. But giving money cannot a soul solusion on development. If it is true, the problem of the Third World solved histrically. It is easy if we can solve every problems just giving money. It cannot be solve!!

To fight against government of your country insted of asking me, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment