5.6.09

in Krakow

Krakow is the old capital in Poland and one of the beautiful city in Poland. Some people say that the landscape of Krakow is more beautiful than that of Warsaw. Is this right? I'll see.
During the WWII, the central Warsaw was destroyed by the Nazis but in here some church or the architecture has been still remaining. That is the reason why a lot of tourist from whole European countries.

By the way, I have traveled for one and half month through Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and here. I saw a lot of churches, castles, and buildings. Recently the impact of the architecture are getting fade away. Of course, those buildings in Europe are really beautiful and a big differences compared to Japan. And the landscape of Istanbul and Budapest were putting in my mind. On of the reason to come here is longing for these buildings.
But, I think it is too much enough.

I have planed to go to Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice.... so called beautiful city. But is there any meaning if I go to these cities? The reason I go there just because I take some pictures and to come true what I have been longing for? If so, I am the same parson who is traveling by plain, train and car as a tourist, aren't you?

Sometimes when I come to these big city, I am close to forget to this travel. The point of this journey is that I am a 'student' even if I have been absent from my school. The learning is here the language, culture, people and who I am... In particular my interest is human and development.

Firstly, human means people who I met or I will meet. I want to a lot of people who have interesting idea, different culture, eyes, skins. I am a different guy for the people who lives in Europe. But for me in Europe is almost the same, even if they lives in a different countries. How do I classify whether a person who I meet is Hungarian or Slovakian? Similarly, people in Europe sometimes says what is the difference between Chinese and Japanese? You are almost the same!
But for us in Japanese people, there are a lot of cultural differences. But it is hard to describe in some words.
From this experience I noticed two things. For one thing, I or we need a lot of time to understand what is the culture in each countries. Of course I can touch the culture of each country if I spend in there 1 week or 10 days. But it is not enough time to understand all, as it were, it is important to know much about each countries before I traveled. I had experienced before... And the other thing is that I am the person who interested in a person. It is interesting for me to think about what is the person who I am meeting. There is not a big differences between Japanese and European and I guess African, American is almost the same because they are human even if they speaks different language and have different background.

Secondly, the development as a study which I have studied for 3 years after I enrolled in my university. In particular, my major is a development aid for a developing country such as Sub-Sahara countries and south and south-east Asian countries. I want to work for the people who are difficult situation, such as poverty, conflict, hunger and so on. When I meet a new person and sometimes they asked me"What is your dream?" Then, I answered "I want to be a UN officer!" It is easy to say that because I want to be. But am I blind? I mean, here in Europe the living standard is not so big differences in Japan even if a little differences are still there between eastern and western Europe. But I think it is not a big deal compared to the difference between those developing countries and Northern rich countries like England, United States,and also in Japan. I am a little afraid to forget those people who live in the third world because I spend too much time in here and don't have enough time to study for them.
So, the end of this travel it is better for me to go to African countries and before the travel I need to read some books like "Future Positive" while I stay in Edinburgh. It might be good for my travel as well as study!!

Asuha Ausyubittu wo otodureyouto omoimasu.

Yuji@Krakow in PL

6 comments:

  1. kenny!!! thanks again for the postcard! It was nice to see your neat handwriting, haha.

    sorry for not leaving you comments for couple of weeks. Im kinda freaking out with the assignments of English classes and, of course TTC. Ive just finished writing an essay for cultural studies. I better go n cook the dinner!

    Any message to TTC members??

    Rina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rina,
    Never mind! This is a kind of hobby! You can comment on it whenever you want!
    I will write some message to trainer when I reach Warsaw, right?
    Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking for brick houses in eoro.so its bilt 500yeas ago.more older 1000yeas like Tempo Horuji.Japanese houses made by woods are break down soon almose 100yeas or less.so We are Japanese thinks very beautiful Eoro historical houses.
    Hope long slow trip in Eoro.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww cool! He's gonna love that!!! On Thursday, I introduced my friend currently back in Tokyo from California and he was like "come to our class!" he really is awesome.
    Warsaw sounds good place to send a postcard. That reminds me of Cold War, just like everyone else would do.. especially because we are focusing on Liberalism in English for Global Politics class, haha.

    Have fun!!!

    Rina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 電話したんだけど、通信あった?
    まっ頑張れよ。

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sakamasa,
    Arigatou.
    inanotokoro denwabangouha;+48 504 784 187
    Poland nomine. Ato issyukankuraiha konobangoude denwadekiru. Ma, kigamuitara denwachoudai sukoshitakakutsukukamoshirenaiga.

    Kenya

    ReplyDelete