10.10.09

Value of This Journey

My new Norwegian Phone Number: (+47)90658542 (send me a message if you need! Normally, I haven't turn it on to save electricity)

I have been thinking about the value of this journey since I booked a flight from Bodo to London on 20th of October. People have different opinion and value.

To tell the truth, I am still wondering if I go by bike all the way to Edinburgh even though I booked a flight.

The option which I have at the moment either take a flight from Bodo or all the way by bicycle.

My first plan of this journey was only three month from Istanbul to UK through Eastern, Middle and Western Europe which is the different route that I have been taken. After I got to UK I was supposed to find a job to live and for the next travel to Africa as well as going back to Japan.

However, though I have been traveling about six month, I am still in Northern Norway. If I go by bike all the way to UK I have to spend another 2 month at least, which means the day when I get to UK will be just before Christmas!

Though my journey has been quite long but I don't want to cut it short the rest of Norway as well as Western Europe. I don't mind if I cannot go Africa of this year even though that is the continent where I want to work in near future. But I feel like regret when I thought back to this journey 10-20 years later.

When I think about of this journey as a project, the value of this journey is that "all the way by bike" isn't it? People has different opinion but I know one person that definetely say when I back to Japan "You are gave up of your journey in Norther Norway! You cannot continue one thing more than 6 month aren't you? " some people say the value of traveling means "Enjoy!" Of course, I have quite a lot of nice experiences what I haven't done in my life. But sometimes it was hard, which I noticed this is either travel or journey but it is much more close to Life.

I have enough reason all the way by bike to UK.

A lot of friend living in southern Norway are waiting for me.

I have a friend in Denmark, Germany as well as Holland.

In addition to those motivation, I have to learn French before going home.

One thing which I care at this moment is that the ticket of the flight, which cannot refund. The price of the ticket cost 123 GBP (123oNOK), which can live for about 3 weeks for my journey.

What I felt from this experience that I have still not found out how money is important.

Of course, I have still some money to keep traveling on the way but I have to get it back that money if I didn't take a flight, which I have been thinking and actually a little bit acting. But, I am going to write about it in detail in next time.

However, it has been snowy since few days ago and I cannot ride on my bike at the monent. If the weather won't be fine I will take a ferry from here to Bodø, which I have nothing to see in Lofoten but I probably have another chance to come to here even if it is not near future.

Making a Life as a Traveler.

Yuji @ Svolvær, Lofoten, Norway

2 comments:

  1. Hello Yuji,

    The flight is not so important. If you don't take the flight, you will still see new exciting things. If you take the flight, you will see new exciting things. Life will still be good!

    Good luck.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete