20.10.09

From Oslo

The plain brought me to Oslo only one and half hours from Bodø. As I told you, I canseled the flight from Oslo to London in order to keep going by bicycle.

One week at Bodø with a brother of Torstain & Bjarte were very very fine!
I tried inside-hockey, sharkas training and watching some movies as well as football match. In addition to those wonderful time, I climbed up to the place where I can see whole city from the top, which was also fine!

At this moment, I am at the airport called Gardemoen which is located about 50km north from the central Oslo waiting for a person who is supposed to host me. The host I haven't met him, of course! But he is a friend of Bjour who is a man traveling by bicycle from Norway to S.Africa. I met him in Estland.

Normally, when I go overseas I have booked a hotel or guesthouse before I left in Japan. But in this time as you know I haven't even once booked any place to stay. Just sarching a place or put up my tent in the forest. In Norway especially in summer time, people they have in common that traveler may put up their tent in a forest which makes me surprised. In Japan, some people do it but it is not acceptable for some people(Of course,it is safe)or only at camping site. Even in winter time it works in here, but in northern Norway the place as I left was very cold to sleep in the tent. I am pretty sure about it! What I mean out of this experience people allowed me to stay at thier place without money but if I would say something about it, it is friendship. And friendship makes a world. Here, as we do in Japan, when my friend come to home, I never ask for money even I don't think about it because it is friend.

Anyway, they have a season to travel which in Norway from May to August, which I haven't also expected, that is one of the reason why I have to finally take a flight.
It feels like a season sports but in Japan, in Tokyo we don't have any best season to travel depends on the climate. Only one month mid-Jun to July we have rain season but you can escape it if you go to Hokkaido(northern island)

Still cold in outside, anyway.(a little bit better?)

To tell the truth, I have been thinking about the possibility to go to Africa just because my journey has been very fine but the most importatnt thing of this journey to decide what I really want to do in my future which means Africa is the best place to know. Of course traveling by bicycle all the way to Edinburgh will be fine as a project but that is not my top priority which I have noticed in these days.

If I devide of this world into two, most probably I decide depends on the economic level which sometimes told us as North and South(I prefer use this description more than that of developed and developing countries). It is not easy to decide all country in the world which is North or South but I will say almost all country where I traveled through this journey was North. Japan is North. Norway is also North.

When I was in Tanzania in two years ago, I couldn't speak English well as I do at this moment. What I know from the experience, people are poor and hard to live.

But here in Norway as well as Japan people are rich. And Norway is one of the closest country in Japan, which means living standard and security reason.
Be safe is the most important point of any place in the world but I want to visit those poor countries and somehow figured out what is the thing that I want to do in Southern countries especially in Africa. Moreover, it may be true that I just want to make it clear why I have been longing for the African continent even people are poor and not safe to do anything compared to here.

As to my travel, I most probably keep going by bicycle to Denmark (I am not sure if I visit to Stockholm), Germany(doubt in Berlin), Netherland, Belgium and of course in France and to UK. I don't have to stick to visit all capital in all countries.

Most of west African countries they speak in French instead of English because of the history. I feel like this is the last chance to get an shock or impact that I have to learn Frence. I believe it will work out.

Airport in Oslo is bigger than that of Bodø.

It may start another busy days!¨:-(
Well, but I could enough rest of beautiful landscape in northern Norway as well as Lapland.

Yuji @ Gardemoen Airport, Oslo, Norway

PS. Feel like still a little bit tired though I haven't been riding on my bike since last Thursday. I used for three seats to sleep in the plain. It was far from the morning subway in Tokyo!

2 comments:

  1. 飛行機に乗ってオスロに来ましたか。UKまでは、まだ遠い。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    still too far? Well....pretty sure still cold.
    Next capital will Kopenhaven in two week, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete