11.12.09

X'mas and New Year in Paris

Even though I couldn't ride on my bike for these two weeks after Holland, I cannot make a lots of time to take some rest except for those dreaming days.

I ran with my bike from Dusseldorf to Koln but others were not riding on my bike. Instead I traveled by train with bicycle. Holland, Germany, Belgium and France, those country can possible to carry on my bike to most of the trains as far as I heard. Actually, I took four times in tortal to travel in these region.

It was so nice to stay at youth hostel in Dusseldorf and I feel that I have to be there in order to take some rest for further journey as well as touching for French as I told you before. That's why I am going to Paris for the rest of Dec. to stay at youth hostle and do everthing what I want to. I haven't decided to if I tay in Paris in Jan. either to find a place to stay in Paris or going up to London.

For the next few days, I will be in Belgium and after that I will take a train to Paris. I have to use my brain instead of my mustle.

Before going to get there, I am trying to make it clear the reason why I am going to Paris.

Firstly, I want to study French. I know it's impossible to speak well only for a month or two but I somehow trying to speak as much as I can. People in Europe, they say, people in Paris or Franch they can't speak English which would be nice to study French. (some people say Paris is the only place where you can possible to comminucate in English)I know a lot's of problems about communicateion without language but I think it would be fine as I experiences in Eastern Europe. Moreover, I am really happy that the French mentality would be nice for me.
Yesterday, I was at a table with five of all. A couple from Germany and a girl from France and Belgium. I think that was my first time to hear about French between the conversation with two people. Of course, I couldn't hear what they were talking about. But the thing what I surprised was the girl could speak English as well. Sometimes people in and out side of their country they are pretty different. Most of Germany who are outside of their country they can speak English very well. Only I could hear "Oui", by the way.

The another reason to go to Paris is that I want to know about the immigrants in Paris since I have heard about a lots of problems with. As far as I heard, Paris is the best city where the number of immigrants in Europe. It would be nice to see those people in Paris for my study.

Lastly, I simply need a place to take a rest before going up to UK. If I go now I won't have a power to do anything and I don't know if I have a chance or motivation to go to Paris. Do first, what I want.
X'mas and New year in Paris sounds cool and I think I can find something interesting to stay in those day.

If you know about good tips for Paris, I'd be glad to hear!!

Yuji @ Maastricht, Holland

4 comments:

  1. 来年6月のサッカーW杯で、日本はオランダ、デンマーク、カメルーンと予選が同組になって、全く勝ち目がねえよ。オバマは昨日オスロでノーベル平和賞をもらったね。

    ReplyDelete
  2. sptaka,
    Haha! How come we lose those small country in Europe!? We will win to both Denmark and Holland!! Then we got a seat for FINAL REAGUE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris is not a good city for bicycles. The cars are too dangerous. It is a very nice city for walking. It's not so big. You can see a lot of things on foot. Don't go to Eiffel Tower. The view from Sacre Coeur is nicer...and free! Go to Arc de Triomphe, walk down the Champs Elysee, then through the Tuilleries Jardins to the Louvre Museum. The museum is free on Sunday morning.

    Good luck,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry,
    Thank you for good tips!!
    Sounds like in Brussel! It's not a good idea to go around by bicycle.

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete