26.12.09

Recent Life in Paris

Merry X'mas!!

Christ mas passed without saying anything.
Both Eve and the day I didn't even feel that I am on Christ mas in Paris. One of the reason is that I didn't exactly know where I should go.

As I have been making a life in here, the Eve I was back to my hostel in the early evening and making a meal as usual. However different from fomer hostel the customer at this hostel they speak French more than English. That is why I am making a hard life in here at the moment.

I met a couple (a man from India and a woman is from Cameroon) who have lived the next door to me. The man barely can speak English but the woman from Cameroon she couldn't speak English. That's the thing what I should overcome as long as I am staying in here. I could manage to communicate with her of my poor French but I cannot explain a lot as I can do in English.

Today, I am thinking about why I am staying in Paris. I could make a plan to stay in here before I came but for the past one week I couldn't do almost nothing.
When the day start I was out from the hostel after I had breakfast and get into the metro without decideing the place to go. I was just riding on the metro in order get closer to the centrum but I have no idea to go. I really don't feel like that I want to go to so called touristic places. Moreover I haven't been making this kind of travel for the past eight months.
On the way to hostel by bicycle where I am staying at the moment, I go through "the Arch of Triumph" which is regarded as a symbol of Paris for Japanese people. I only saw the Effel Tower from a metro but it was smaller than Tokyo tower. I think Tokyo tower is the copy of Effel but Tokyo tower is 333m hight from the ground which I strongly higher than Effel, right?

Anyway after getting off the metro somewhere in the sentral area, I probably go to the Rouve in order to watch some paintings. I am interested in those paintings from few hundreds years ago but watching statues for me it was boring. I skipped that part. Even so, the museum is very huge. Venus de Molo is fine, by the way! At the museum I hear a lots of Japanese but I didn't communicate with them. This is Japanse culture at least for me. Sometimes when I talk about it to the Europeans they couldn't understand and they probably say "why didn't you talk to them?" I might say because it's them.

To tell the truth, I didn't feel good since I came to here in Paris. I still feel sick and couldn't recovered it well. In addition staying at a hostel cost more or less 20 euro per day and at the momement I couldn't find a value to stay there.

The thing what I should do in here is to take a rest and do the thing what I want to. I want to learn about immigrants in Paris and I asked my teacher what I chould do in Paris. (as well as French but that's not top priority at the moment) If I were just staying at the hostel hunging around in the city, it won't be a big differences between what I am doing in Tokyo.

That's why I bought two books today.

One book is written in French and the other one is in English.
As you know I cannot understand French but I will try to read somehow to get a help from the people in Paris or trying to understand from the dictionary.

The first book I bought is the titled "IMMIGRANTS YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS THEM", which is about immigrants in the global city such as London, Washington DC... I only read few pages at the book store and I felt it is interesting to read and good to know about immigrants breifly. I think this is the first book in English that I really interested to read about. Especially I am staying in France, English is worth reading.

The another one written in French is the book which my teacher in Japan recommend me to read before I get into Paris.(too late I am coming!)
The authur of that book is the teacher of my teacher as fas as he told me. He is French. According to my teacher's information there is the same book which is written in Englisg but I couldn't find it in here. Here isn't in London, is it? The title of the book is "Parias urbains" written by Loic Wacquant.
I even don't know what is written in the book exactly but it is something about the Ghetto in Paris the places where a lots of poor people living in where is located outside of Paris from wikipedia. That's what I want to know and go.

I feel probably go back to Japan from Paris since my energy hasn't come. If I could I also want to go to London but I feel it wouold be hard for me to take my bike to get there.

In the reception and a bar at the hostel where I staying there is an English girl from Berminghan and she is pretty. I though French girl is one of the most beautiful girl in Europe but British would be win!
As everyone know if you once had an experience to live in Paris, one third of the people in Paris might immigrant and a lots of poor people at the undergrounds.

Yuji @ Paris 9

3 comments:

  1. 父ちゃん母ちゃんのクリスマスは札幌だね、今日で四日目最後。ニセコ方面にスキー行くよ。母ちゃんはまた市内観光だ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the Palace of Versailles.

    Happy Christmas,
    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  3. sptaka,
    You really love to travel Hokkaido, aren't you?
    I only know how beautiful powder snow in Asahikawa!!! I love skiing there!!! That's thought of traveling must be fine!!
    Have a nice holiday!

    Terry,
    Tomorrow Tuesday, most of the museum will be closed except for Orsey. I might go there but don't know if I go to Palace of Versailles. Even I know the name. It is famouse for Japanese. A lots of Japanese people who I met in here have been or want to go to Mont San Misshel(sorry for terrible handwriting!), where is the catsle located to the sea. I am fed up with listening about it. For a moment, I will read a book I bought and I will go some museums for a rest of my brain.

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete