28.12.09

Enough for a day to end up with French book

Since two days ago, I have started to read a book about immigrants as well as sociology book about Paris written in French.

I thought it could be possible to read French book only with dictionary but that isn't true. It won't need a lots of time to give up to read French book.

Since I have been using English for the past eight months and I already read some English books before coming to here in Japan, which I could mostly understand this kind of book relate to my study without dictionary nowadays.

In my opinion, the differences between French and English for writing does't that much more than speaking. Some French words are similar to English which aren't that hard to guess the meaning of the word. The problems when I try to read a book in French is that I cannot understand French preposition and the connection between the sentences. Finally, I could order the same book in English version which was three times higher price than the French version but I feel that I really want to read before I leave here.

Two days ago after Cristmas I and the couple which I told you before taking in a room. I with a man from India started to talk about the district where I wanna go where there are a lots of immigrants are living in.(about 15km outside in Paris) Even 18&19 district in Paris (northern part of Paris) regarded as a dengerous zone. As far as I heard from the local those places might be dangerous in the middle of night. But I can go there in the daytime as he told me.

Since yesterday I feel like better than before that's why I was going out to explor close to Monmartol where there is a hill and a lots of tourist walking arond there located in 18.
As I heard from the people, in 18 district there were a lots of immigrants(I don't know if they exactly immigrants but they are or their ancester originally not from France) walking around and watching for the peole. The feeling which I got from there was not special. Of course it wasn't feel safe as I felt in Tokyo but that's not exceptional. I also got similar feeling when I was in Brassels as well as outside of Stockholm. Everytime when I saw those people I feel like not so confortable. I could imagine several reasons but it's unclear.

Anyway, when I started to talk about that I wanna go to so called those places where there are a lots of immigrants living in with the couple. The girl from Cameroon started to tell me with strongly "Why do you wanna go to those dengerous place?(It was French, I couldn't get it but from him with translation) If you are normal tourist you should go to Effel tower and those beautiful paris in 16 district and the central part! You don't exactly know how dangerous in Paris"
I don't know if it is true but as I heard from him that two weeks ago people at the hostel where I am staying fought with each other and five of them died. I really don't know but the trouble was between the customer. Sounds like Africa as my friend told me about Tanzanian experience different from when I was.

I could try to explain why I wanna go there with the man from India but finally she couldn't understand what I was trying to do. I thought that people like her who has typical African mentality they don't understand why I am trying to go those dengerous places by choseing or even they might not understand development aid which I majour in my school. Of course, we couldn't talk a lot without translator that would be another reason why she couldn't understand me. I gave up to explain it though since she was excited to talk about.

After that our relationship getting weaker and weaker. Of course, when we met at the hostel I say "Bonjoure" and they reply. Making a friend with different country arn't not easy especially if there is a economic differences. People from Japan they might thought to be rich in any country in the world I think. Even it is true it is sad that is hard to make a friends because of the economic differences which has been made with nation. People cannot choose the place where they were born.

Yuji @ Paris, France 12

PS. Since I saw the French flag in the city, I finally feel like that I am in France.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I would say follow the advise. Don't go to the dangerous areas. It is not your business. You are only a tourist. You are only a visitor. Respect other people's lives. Go gently. Be patient. Somethings can only be understood slowly.

    T.
    London

    ReplyDelete
  2. そうだ、先日名寄のクロカン大会で、吉田けいしん君が優勝していて懐かしかったよ。中大?卒業して自衛隊の冬戦教だよ、いま。2月の五輪候補にもなっているんだと。

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry,
    OK! Follow your advice for a moment.

    sptaka,
    Sounds hard to make a life at SDF.
    I haven't expected that I will be in here when I was at a competition with him.

    Yuji

    ReplyDelete