18.12.09

Paris!

I thought it could be possible to take a bicycle into train from Brussel to Paris but was not true.

When I tried to buy a ticket to Paris, the person at a counter told me that I cannot ride a train with bicycle. Since I tried to learn French (Brussel is the city where people speak French), I dercided that I won't speak any English at that time. When the person asked me if I can speak English like "Do you speak English" and I said "Non. Japansk." Reminding of the situation what I was facing with I should speak English. The person said to me that "You cannot ride on your bike with train!" in Japanese from a paper which was translated from Franch into Japanese.
I wanted trying to ask what kind of option do I have to get to Paris with bicycle but I couldn't ask them with my poor French. After few minutes later I really feel solely and started to cry in public. I didn't know the reason exactly why I started to cry but I cannot help crying at that moment.

After that I decided to break my bike in order to attach my bag to ride on the train. About two hours later, I finally packed it up and could buy a ticket to Paris with the same person. I only said "Pari".

The luggedge was incredible heavy! It was over 30kg and I couldn't walk straightly but that was the thing what I could do at that time. The another choice which I could think except for packing that I could ride on it to Paris with snow. That must be hard and I didn't have enough motivation to get here. Or I could let my bike at Brussels which I really didn't want it to do that as you know.

After I got to the station in Paris, I finally started to use English. People in Paris they speak English more than in Tokyo I feel and finally could get to the hostel which I booked. I don't exactly know but there are a lots of Japanese people staying at the hostel. The beginning of this journey I really didn't want to talk in Japanese but now I could communicate with Japanese people. Probably I have already sartisfied with my English and want to learn French.

It is quite strange that I feel that I don't really feel like wanna go to Effel tower or those kind of places what we call, tourist places. Moreover I simply want to take some rest for me to reminds my appatite. I will be stay at the same hostel until 22nd of Dec then to move another one.

Yuji @ Paris, France

PS. I don't feel that I am in France. Crossing q border by train makes me feel no border in Europe.

1 comment:

  1. 日本もようやく昨日どか雪が降って、只見じゃ一日に1m積もった。明日はスキーだ。
     それと父ちゃんだってイタリア語くらいは話せるぞ。「ドマーニ、ドマーニ」tomorrowのことだ、はは。ドイツ語だって、ロマンティッシュ・シュトラウゼ。ロマンチック街道。

    ReplyDelete