31.8.17

One month


One month has passed since I came to school in Jinja. I have enjoyed staying so far.

So, this time I am going to explain what I have done for the past month.

First, I had some lessons. As I have already told you the first lesson is P4 class and the topic was circle. It was not easy for me to teach them because of two reasons. First, it's not easy for pupils of P4 to understand English. Second, it was not easy for me to teach by English. Because of these two reasons the first lesson was not easy but I enjotyed it. As for P6&P7, it was more easier for me to teach them because they understand English well compared to P4. Since not all topics I have taught in Japan sometimes it's not easy for me to understand the contents of the topic. So, my colleague, Joseph, he helped me to understand. He is very good at math.

Second, I am going to explain my life in Jinja. The working hour starts at 8 am. until 5 pm. After I finish working I go back home. My home is located in the school. It takes only 1 minutes from the school. What is good I can easily access to the water (There is a tap at the school.) and safe. Since I live with Joseph and two other people who are relatives of Joseph, they normally made suppers for me, which means I don't have to cook. I only cook in the morning to make a sunny side egg.

Third, since I brought a soccer ball from Kampala I can play football with kids in the village. They play football in bare feet. Though some of them have sandal, they took it off. Maybe for them it's more easy to play without having anything. On weekends, I sometimes go to a bar to watch premier league with Joseph. He support Manchester United and I just started to support Arsenal because I support Fry Emirates. The game which we saw at the bar was ManU VS Leichester. Since Okazaki, who is a member of Japanese national team was in Leichester I had to support but there were plenty of supporters of ManU at a bar. As a result, Leichester was lost.

So this is briefly what I have done for the past month. I enjoyed so far. I hope it will last for the next two years.

Kenya @ Jinja

P.S I am going to travel for a fortnight heading for eastern part of Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment